XVI. CAMP

. . . ○ ○ ○ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ○ ○ ○ . . .

It's a wonder how the singing birds and the trilling cicadas as well as the rustling leaves swaying along the whistling of the gentle summer breeze create a beautiful lullaby. It's nature's magic. Added with rain, it will be more potent than any sleeping pills. It's unfortunate how the rain hasn't visited the usual unpredictable weather. Nonetheless, it's a comfort of the forest that cities can't equate.

With eyes heavily closed, Daun continuously listens, slowly going drowsy again to her dreamland until realizing something lacking. The sudden realization makes her nervous.

Head dazed, vision heavy, she sits up and tries to rack up her senses for anything, more like, for anyone. She can hear or see no one. She's all alone. Her heart bursts into a feat of nervous thud, so loud, she can't actually hear the outside anymore, nor the gentle hum of the air conditioning. Then, she remembers...

"I don't know how we created such beautiful angels." She hummed almost to herself while lovingly caressing the three cherubs on her side. Continuously humming a soothing song, she gingerly brushed their baby hairs.

They are the world for her.

"I also wonder that sometimes." Hoseok whispered with his eyes dripped with gentle sweetness, honey laced and sticky to her own. His heart smile widened as his gaze landed to a cherub with a pink bow, her little hands lifting up, trying hard to reach out for her appa's nose. Her husband takes her hand, massaging her thumbs to her chunky palms and kisses them, then, lay them again on her chest. So much endeared, he giggled on how her mouth was suckling her lower lips while babbling something on her sleep until she turned to his chest and settled.

Their three kids were sandwiched between her and Hoseok, with Ji-hyun at the center lying on her chest like a frog, a cute little froggy, occupying half of the space. Unlike their home, the vacation house on the mountain hadn't been renovated well suited to their growing family. And since the environment were new to the kids, for comfort, they huddled together in one bed, but no beds were big enough. Thus, her democratic husbands had to go over their rock-paper-scissor league to determine who would champion the night with her and the three kids.

"Joonie was furious." A silent giggle shook her as she remembered the scenario.

"Let him. It's not my fault he doesn't fit here..." Hoseok whispered, though placed second, but he still got the spot since the twins stole most of the space and Namjoon's built made him step down for the dancer.

"You're evil." Nose crunched-up, she laughed.

"Omma..." Dae-hyun sleepily whined as he turned towards her and bury his face on her throat, hand lifting to cover her mouth.

"Okay... omma's zipping her mouth." She gently hummed, eyes looking through the loving look of her Hobi.

"Sleep sweet." This time, his caress was on her cheeks. "Sleep tight and dream of me." Then, he winked...