XI. TOGETHER

. . . ○ ○ ○ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ○ . . .

A soft lullaby resonates the moment Daun silently steps inside the room. It's a song near to its end, almost a quite hum with a low gentle baritone.

She hears the deep murmur of "I love you" and "sleep tight son" before her steps bring her by the foot of the bed. There, she lovingly watches how Namjoon slowly slides himself from Dae-hyun's side and kissing the little boy's forehead.

She smiles, endeared with how her oftentimes clumsy husband moves in such a careful manner.

And as if on cue, his hips bump the story books on the side table, toppling them down to the floor with a thud. Immediately, Dae-hyun squirms, hands reaching up, whining a "Appa... Omma..." with a sniff.

"Shhh... Omma is here..." She quickly soothes for a rescue, laying down beside her eldest and hugs him while kissing the crown of his head. Just like Hoseok, the boy enjoys loving caresses and music. So, she then starts singing and thankfully, Dae-hyun calms down until his breathing even out to little puffs of quite snores.

Pleased, her gaze shifts to Namjoon, smiling as he looks at her so helplessly after putting the story books on a shelf. This time with great extra care.

"Sorry." He mouths and she replies with a wink.

After sometime, the two of them are able to close the door and leave Dae-hyun in his dreamland.

Both of them sigh.

"Thanks to that." Namjoon kisses her on the cheeks, making her giggle. "I really don't know what to do without you." He adds.

"Silly." She crunches her nose. "It's me that should be thankful. You are a lot of help."

"What do you mean? We are all parents. We are in this together. As parents, we should do our part as well. Can't have you tired always." Namjoon sweetly says whilst stroking her cheeks and down her neck.

Automatically, she bares her neck and hums a low moan.

His arms then wrap around her, pulling her over to his body, in a way that kindles a feral fire within.

"Are you tired, my love?" His hot breath tickles her ears along with his lips nipping and kissing the curve of her neck.

The butterflies on her tummy burst free. Her nerves sizzling. Eyes fluttering close, arms lifting to hold his head still, wanting him to bury his face further on her skin, she whispers her reply of an, "I am battery full." with a smirk.

A sultry baritone chuckles, then she squeaks, laughing with the sudden disconnect from the floor.

"Joonie! Put me down. "She whisper-gasps while insistently tapping his chest in protest, yet the man is already on a mission to carry his wife to their love nest. She reasons a, "I still need to kiss the twins a good night!" that prompts the man to quickly make a turn to a corner to another room, making her laugh all the more.