XXII. WORK

. . . ○ ○ ○ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ○ ○ ○ . . .

"Appa!" Ju-hyun whines for the nth time to Namjoon. She had been begging for how many times already, but still, his answer is firm.

"No princess. I can't."

"But why? Why? Why?" The huge, adorable eyes are almost his limit. He almost relents.

"Still no, sweet." Bless Hoseok for saving his heart. "Why can't you let Appa Joonie go to work. Hmn?" He adds as he crunches down to level the child's view. Yet she doesn't even give an ounce of attention to the man. After all, a hyper fixated Ju-hyun is a difficult Ju-hyun. Sometimes he wonders if his daughter is his perfect clone. He could remember his mother telling him how stubborn he was.

"No! I know he's not working!"

"What make you say that?" Curious, Namjoon asks.

"Because!" She starts with stubborn frown. "You never wear work clothes!" She points at his grey hoody and khaki shorts.

A small smile curves on Namjoon's lips. He sees what her point is, but he still inquires to be sure.

"What do you mean by work clothes?"

"Work clothes! You know..." She stomps, seemingly trying hard to explain the unexplainable. "Oppa! Tell Joonie appa!" She calls her brother, Dae-hyun instead.

"What?" The boy just asks calmly, not even lifting his gaze from the way their wife fixes his cute school outfit, muttering a polite thank you to her from now and then.

"Explain." She sassily says, hands gesturing to Namjoon. It's cute how she puts her other hand on her hips. Truly, a sass behavior.

Jimin, with all his bed head and crusty eyes, laughs, obviously finding the early morning banter hilarious.

"What's happening?" Yoongi, so opposite to Jimin, with his wet brushed-up hair and crisp casual black overall outfit, all geared up and ready for work, asks.

Hearing her Yoonie appa's voice makes Ju-hyun perks up and hops cutely to the man with a whine. "Appa, appa, appa. Yoonie appa!"

So much endeared, Namjoon can't help but chuckle.

Yoongi, easily swayed, smiles, and leans down to tuck her hair behind her ears, thumbs gingerly caressing her cheeks. "What is it Ju-hyun-ah?"

"Bring me with you."

"With me?" His tone is surprised.

The girl nods enthusiastically. "Yep. Yep. And with Jonie Appa. Please!" Her adorable batting trick can easily melt down any of her appas, but not Yoongi.

Sometimes Namjoon wonders how his Yoongi hyung has the heart to resist any of the girls.

"I can't darling. I'll be working. And there will be others there to work as well..." Yoongi starts explaining but halts with the way Ju-hyun's eyes water.