•.༄.°𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑋𝑋𝑋•.༄.°

Ike...

.
.
.
.
.
.

My breathe hitched as I looked into his eyes. All color draining from both our forms. As the others trailed behind him, Vox, Mysta, and Luca's eyes widen at the same time. I could see and hear Mysta's inaudible 'What...'

I used all my might to stand up and try to walk closer to Ike so I could explain further but I couldnt. All the exhausting actions I've made finally hit me. My eyes become blurry as I realized my eyes starting to tear up.

I felt sad, I felt guilty. Was it totally my fault that he had to see me like this? After all my lies hiding my true identity, did I actually deserve this punishment? They've lent me and trusted me through my journey. Did I betray them?.

My mind filled with thoughts barely noticing Alban and Millie running to me supporting me to stand up. Muffled 'Are you okay?'s I didnt answer them instead I just looked at the floor.

"Wait, so my best pog boy was a gurl, all this time...?" Luca's tone felt sad, almost that tone was the tone of betrayal hitting him. Well, the girls couldnt do anything about it at that moment, it was too late. Enna saw me all bruised up and her eyes fell on someone.

I knew her blood would boil this very moment, I saw her march towards her, Quianna and kicked his chin up. Dusting her hand she flipped his hair and walked up as Quianna fell harder on the floor. For once, Mysta shut up and shouted "Everyone, leave this scene to the SC officers and teachers! I as your sergeant at arms demand you all to leave and stop recording!" He said.

"That bitch was getting on my nerves- I mean, insect. I wanna crush it to death but no can do. Its better to see her suffer from poisoned air that's coming her way." Enna said with dark eyes, all the girls side eyed her, if not, then batted mean eyes. Quianna weakly stood up and batted all of us one look and stormed off probably to go to the nurses office.

"Y/n! Are you ok?!" Enna soon ran towards me. I nodded slowly, my peripheral vision saw Ike standing there. Frozen. After a few seconds he turned his back and walked away avoiding my gaze. I felt the ground break, allowing me to get swallowed up by the darkness under me.

"Guys, stop procrastinating! Bring her to the nurse!" Finana said. We all agreed and we walked towards the nurses office as well. Seeing the crowd behind me slowly leave, I felt more relaxed but a heavy weight on my shoulders never left thinking about what Ike did earlier. This is it, I lost my arrow. I lost my shot.

As I laid down on the bed, the nurse talked to the others saying that the key my hand smashed on was rusty so it would've been bad if they made it last longer than usual. I could've gotten a tetanus shot.

"Hey, keep your chin up, its only 3 weeks left before our ball party shit. A.k.a, 21 days left." Nina sat down beside me. "I know but, I think I lost my shot." I said drowsily, "Come on, I'll be your date if not him." Nina said and caressed my hair. I said thanks but it didnt help me one bit. Sonny, Yugo and Fulgur bought me some sweets they got near the school.

The bell rang, lunch was over. The nurse advised that everyone should leave and continue class except me. I had to rest and sleep. I obliged and bid everyone goodbye. I soon laid down and the nurse gave me some pain relievers to drink. Once I settled down, I closed my eyes and drown myself in my own thoughts.

'What if he asks someone else to be his date? Wait, I cant possibly think that, he's only seen me like this, now. Impossible he'd ask me out. He probably feels disgusted by now. Just like everyone... What if he decides to distance himself from us? Did I make things worse? What would happen if I confessed more early that Im a girl? Would things turn out differently? Wou-'

"You've got a lot in your mind, wanna share Mrs. SC pres? Ahem, I mean, Ms. SC pres?" The nurse said and prepared tea for me. "Its nothing, really. Just been thinking 'bout this one guy." I said and took a sip of the tea and immediately regretting tasting it. The nurse looked amused, "Did I say something wrong?" I said.

"No no, just thinking who it might be." She said and laughed. As we expanded the conversation, she forcefully but nicely asked me to tell her my whole story. After that, everything felt better, I was friends with the school nurse. Mizkhiene Zarichan. (Mizkin Zarikan - Pronunciation).

"Y'know, why not ask him out? Its not too late anyways" Ms. Mizkhiene said. "Its not too late but its too early. I bet he'd decline." I said. Soon after, we ended the conversation with Ms. Mizkhiene and rest for a while until school was dismissed.

[Vox's POV:]

After the incident, I couldnt focus the whole lesson. The schools arrangement of classes/sections changed alongside with the placements of our lockers. Now, in the 6th floor, Section 12 Manganese, 11 Bromine and 11 Phosphorus were in the same floor. Which means, when some of us use the bathroom, we'd meet each other. One thing the teachers didnt know is that it would be pure chaos to do so.

I excused myself to the bathroom to clear my mind and relax for a minute when I saw Ike in the halls. He went inside the bathroom and I soon followed. I assume he'd talk to himself about the situation earlier. Guess what?

I was right.

I listened closely and kept quiet throughout the whole time he was talking to his self. He kept telling himself to calm down and loud breathes were audible. I peaked and saw his hand at the edge of both sinks as he looked down facing the mirror infront.

He ruffled through his hair and looked at himself in the mirror. Thats when I realized...

He was a blushing mess...

...

(Decided to bring back the quotes but this time its not from sea of strangers by Lang Leav. Its the 'Anthology of love' Prose and Poems. Enjoy!)

'Do you know what it is like, to lie in bed awake; with thoughts to haunt you every night of all you past mistakes. Knowing sleep will set it right--- if you were not to wake.'

-Lang Leav. (Anthology of love : Love & Misadventure.)