•.༄.°𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑋𝑋𝑋𝐼𝑋•.༄.°

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

...

"Ike Eveland and Y/n L/n, you two are—the ball partners."

"No objections abd no refusals again. I'll recall all the pairs once again but, Ike, please write down your ball partner."

At this point, I could already feel my cheeks heating up. I stared at Ike as he  calmly wrote our names on a ¼ sheet of paper. I looked at Selen and Millie who were staring at me with an undeiniable obvious smirk.

"Shut. Up." I said as I took a deep breathe. Suddenly— I remembered someone... I tilted my head to his direction to see him. Alban... he had a such a sad look on his face. So full of sorrow and disappointment.

----

"Isnt that great?! You're able to spend time with him! Even better, dance with him!" Enna said outloud as we decided to hangout in the mall. "Shh! Your voice is too loud!" Nina whisper-yelled. "Whatever, just make it the fullest! C'mon! Make contact with him y'know." Enna said. "How? I only have a week left before the ball now! Today's Friday!" I whisper-yelled too.

"Dont worry, leave it to me!" Millie said confidently as Selen smacked her head—"Didnt we just say to be quiet atleast 5 minutes ago before all of you suddenly start screaming?" She said. "Whatever, Nina, just buy what you need." Rosemi called out to Nina as we all rushed to finish our meals.

[Ike POV:]

...

As I reached home, I finally let out a deep breathe I've been itching to do since this afternoon. Why? Well, I guess you know why already...? Y/n.

"Looks like you're having a tough day" I heard a deep voice beside me. "Vox? Well yeah, I did- wait, how'd you get in here?" I questioned. "Simple, I dollowed you and sure enough, I got in without you knowing." He said and winked. "So, I heard you're partners with-"

"Shut it."

"Why? Arent you happy your with your cru-"

"Shut up"

"Let me fi-"

"Leave."

I kept cutting off Vox's senteces which to my dismay he sighed. "How'd you manage to keep your composure when you realized both of you were the only one left?" He asked out of the blue. "I dont know, somehow, I kept my inner ferral calm albeit I could've blushed there any moment." I said and rubbed my temples.

"Then, I guess great job at keeping yourself calm?" Vox shrugged and sat on my couch, "Didnt I say to leave?" I rebutted as he rolled his eyes on me, referring in fact he doesnt want to leave. "Whats your purpose on staying here anyways? To flirt with me?" I stated and crossed my arms. "Yeah probably." He shortly replied.

*Sigh, "If you need me I'll be up in my room."

---

'What if this was fate? I know this isnt infatuation anymore. Of course it isnt. But, the fact I've been teamed up with her twice in such events, I cant keep silent anymore. I know Im aware of my feelings but hers...

I cant simply tell if she's recirporcate of these feelings.'

I drowned myself with my thoughts—my only companion, as I refrain from talking with Vox. 'Well, theres no turning back. Thanks prof Edler.'