iii. just keep lying

III. JUST KEEP LYING

sarah 👰‍♂️briar please talk to mei'm so sorry i told topper

sarah 👰‍♂️
briar please talk to me
i'm so sorry i told topper

briar threw her phone across the room, watching it bounce off the chair and land in the plush rug. she was fuming.

her mother had gotten her nose cleaned up, there was a little set of butterfly stitches across the bridge. she'd taken a much needed shower and was now laying on her bed in a t shirt and a little pair of pajama shorts.

"bri?" holly pushed open the cracked door. "you good?"

"sarah told topper about john b and the baby and she's the reason the whole damn island knows, holly," briar groaned. "no, i'm not okay."

"bad time to ask for a favor?" the girl smiled tightly.

briar sighed heavily. "what is it?"

"i left my phone on the druthers yesterday when elliot and i were looking for scuba stuff. ward caught us and got pissed. can you please go get it for me?" holly pleaded.

"where on the druthers?" briar sighed.

"i don't know," holly said slowly. "by the scuba gear i think."

"i'll get it," briar got up, sliding her flip-flops on.

"you're amazing," holly squealed, hugging her sister.

🃏

briar walked through the cameron's house, the front door constantly unlocked.

"briar!" wheezie squealed coming down the stairs.

"hey, wheeze," briar hugged her little cousin. "how's it going kid?"

"are you for real pregnant?" wheezie looked at her cousin.

"yeah," briar sighed. "yeah i am."

"so cool," wheezie put her hand on briar's stomach under her t shirt. "i want it to be a girl."

"john b seems to think it's a boy," briar said. "but i'm not sure yet."

"what're you doing here?" wheezie asked the girl. "sarah's not home."

"holly left something on the druthers yesterday. grabbing it for her," briar kissed the girl on the head. "see you later, wheeze."

"bye, briar," wheezie hollered as briar continued her walk out back.

briar walked past her uncle ward, who waved absentmindedly. his wife, rose, sent briar a judge filled glare.