xvii. worthy of you

XVII. WORTHY OF YOU

"no effing way!" kie marched across the porch of the chateau

"no effing way!" kie marched across the porch of the chateau. "you brought her here too? so what? she's in on this now?"

john b looked to pope for support. "i dunno."

"look, all i care about is her cut comes out of you and princess' share," jj shrugged. briar mouthed of course to him.

"you know, i don't remember taking a vote," kie continued. "this is our thing. you brought the pregnant bitch in on it and now sarah? it's a pogue thing."

briar scoffed and shook her head, her head was leaned against john b's leg and her legs were thrown across sarah's lap.

"i gotta say, i'm just a tad uncomfortable with all of this," pope spoke up.

"thank you!" kie said.

"when are you not?" john b snapped.

"i dunno. i rode here on the back of jj's bike pretty comfortably," pope suggested.

"aw," briar smiled. "nice job, pope."

"go you, genius boy," holly said from where she sat on the porch floor.

"it's true," jj supplied. "most relaxed i've ever seen him."

"that's cute, guys," john b said sarcastically.

"you know we were all extremely comfortable until you brought her," kie continued.

"stop talking about me like i'm not here!" sarah yelled. briar slow clapped with a smile.

"then leave," kie snapped. "take the pregnant bitch with you."

"i told you," sarah shook her head at john b, who'd previously assured her kiara was going to be cool.

"told him what, exactly?" kie asked loudly. "that you're a liar?"

"no, that you're a shit talking bitch," sarah snapped. briar let out a chuckle of delight.

"oh, shit!" pope looked to jj and holly as the two blonde whipped money from their pockets.

"my money's on kie," jj said.

"when have i lied?" sarah blurted.

"you get somebody close to you for like a month," kie began.

"i didn't lie about shit!" sarah screamed.

"everybody shut up!" john b's voice boomed across the porch.

sarah rolled her eyes and looked at briar. briar laughed and continued to chew her gum.

"kie, you are my best friend, right?" john b said. "and sarah, you're . . . you're my. . . girlfriend's best friend and a friend of my own."