xix. i'd follow you anywhere

XIX. I'D FOLLOW YOU ANYWHERE

"no grappling hook," pope shook his head

"no grappling hook," pope shook his head. "we're not batman."

"pulley?" john b asked.

"check," kie gave a thumbs up.

"dark clothes?"

"got it," the girls all rolled their eyes. john b had only mentioned it six thousand times.

"flashlight?"

"check," jj said.

"all right, good," john b squeezed briar's hand. "we're ready."

"let's go," kie steeled herself.

"let's go get rich, guys," jj smiled. "or richer, in baby momma's case."

"yeah. hell, yeah," kie smiled around the twinkie.

"let's go," pope said.

"come on, boys," sarah smiled.

"and girls," kie piped up from where she held holly's hand.

"let's hit it, team," briar smiled wide.

"let's roll," jj nodded his head as john b came around to open the door.

"wait, wait," john b paused them. "i wanna say thank you, guys. seriously. briar, my beautiful girl, you've followed me through every crazy, wild idea and you're amazing. it means a lot to me that you're all here tonight."

"always," kie smiled.

"of course, man," pope shook his head.

"i'd follow you quite literally anywhere," briar leaned forward to kiss his cheek.

"all right, we done with the circle jerk? can we go do this?" jj blurted.

"let's go get that wheat in the water," pope said as the group unloaded. john b grabbed briar's hand in his tightly. this was their moment.

"weed? i'm up for weed," jj smirked at pope.

"wheat. i said wheat," pope confirmed.

briar watched as sarah hiked herself over the wall and down onto the other side. john b propped briar up on his knee and pushed her over the wall. she plopped gently in the grass, rushing to sit up to avoid her allergy.

once the whole group was over the wall, they began to wander through the yard. briar wore dark shorts and a black t shirt of john b's.

"oh no!" briar gasped as mrs. crain's motion sensor light flicked on.

"flashlights!" kie warned.

"it's on strobe!" jj panicked.

"okay, so," pope began after jj finally got his light out. "she has motion sensor lights."