x. sweating to death

X. SWEATING TO DEATH

"uh oh," briar groaned as she walked between john b and sarah towards the ferry

sarah wore white jeans and a yellow top while briar was sporting high waisted jeans and a baggy shirt of john b's.

"uh. . ." sarah said.

"no, no, no, no," john b ran towards the ticket booth.

"oh, no," briar jogged alongside him.

"hey, excuse me, sir? wait, wait." john b begged

"are you sold out?" briar asked.

"you aren't the only ones," the man sassed before walking away.

"god damn it. oh, shit," john b slammed his hands on the booth. "hey, follow me." he grabbed briar's arm and pulled her along, briar grabbing sarah who trailed behind them.

"okay, yeah. sure, okay," sarah said as she caught up.

"hey, so," john b started. "y'all ever been on a tugboat?"

"a what?" the girls said in sync.

"you're not serious," sarah asked in shock.

"we gotta talk our way onto this barge," john b explained.

"okay," briar said. "cool."

"i got this," john b took the lead of the three.

"oh- - okay," sarah said.

"these are my people. just wait," john b assured the girls. "hey, cap!"

sarah and briar shared a worried look as john b spoke to the captain of the ferry. sarah sighed loudly. briar huffed in annoyance.

briar groaned as the captain shook his head to john b. sarah placed a hand on her popped hip. the pogue boy walked over to the kook cousins.

"so. . ." sarah started.

"um. . . so. . ." john b began. "they're booked."

"that's crazy, isn't it, sarah?" briar smiled at her cousin.

"totally bonkers," the cameron girl agreed.

"you got a better idea?" john b asked.

"yeah," sarah nodded and left the teen parents in her wake. the blonde threw the couple yellow jackets and grabbed them tanks. they looked like boat employees. sarah cameron was a genius.

"oh, my god," sarah sighed as they ran down the stairs on the ferry. john b pushed her forward as she got turned around, holding briar's hand as he tugged her along. "sorry."

john b pulled the girls into a room bathed in red light and held a finger to his lips. "shh." briar tugged her hood down and twisted her hair back into a ponytail.