xxvi. you need to calm the fuck down

XXVI. YOU NEED TO CALM THE FUCK DOWN

"hey!" briar and holly ran into the wreck

"hey!" briar and holly ran into the wreck. "hey! hey!"

"oh, my gosh, hi," kie rushed over and hugged the sisters. "you good? we lost you there for a minute."

"all good," briar nodded. "i might be getting kicked out but besides that we're all good."

"cece confronted ward," holly added. "he's not budging from his story."

"bullshit," kie shook her head.

"where is john b?" briar asked.

"last we heard he found sarah," kie said. "she called us from a pay phone. john b is gonna get out of here."

"he can't," briar shook her head. "not by himself."

"he said you'd say that," kie sighed. "sarah said she'd go with him. you need to stay here, where it's safe."

"okay," briar said slowly. "i guess."

"we were in that car," kie said to jj, pope, and briar. "they're probably looking for us, too."

"well, if we're gonna be outlaws, we might as well help john b," pope shrugged.

"so, find him before they do?" jj confirmed. "pope?"

"i'm gonna get gas for the boat," he said.

"hey, you be careful," kie said. briar looked at her confused. holly stepped back. "okay?"

"meet me at the dock at three," pope pointed to jj and briar. "don't be late."

"okay, what is your problem?" kie ran outside after pope.

"no problem, officer," pope said. "just doing my job."

"look, i'm sorry that i hurt your feelings," kie snapped. pope continued revving the engine of the bike.

"what was that?"

"look, i didn't mean to," kie insisted. the valentine sisters stood back, mildly confused.

"sorry, i can't hear you. what was that?"

"pope, i'm being serious," kie stammered. pope continued to rev the engine. "i'm trying to talk to you!"

pope sped away. the pogues sighed before hearing a helicopter whir into town.