xxi. he'll get over it

XXI. HE'LL GET OVER IT

"welcome to crackhead wasteland," sarah said, obviously disgusted as the twinkie pulled into barry's trailer park

"i don't know about this man," pope rubbed his head.

jj pulled to a stop. john b rubbed his own face, clearly annoyed.

"dude, why're we at barry's?" the teen dad asked.

"this'll only take a second," jj hopped out of the twinkie.

"where're you going?" john b groaned.

"yo soy justicia," jj hollered back in spanish.

"did you glean anything from that?" pope asked honestly.

"you know somebody should probably. . ." kie suggested.

"yeah, i got it," john b got out of the twinkie.

jj walked out to see all the pogues standing around outside. sarah and briar stood close together, they'd never been out here before.

"all right, so we're looking at five grand each for reparations for putting us through that bullshit. sorry about that, y'all," jj hummed.

"so that's what we're doing now?" kie asked. "we're robbing drug dealers?"

"this barry guy's gonna find out," sarah insisted. "and he's gonna come after us."

"yes, he will," pope agreed. "this is not the time to start wilding out."

"how'd you guys like having a gun pulled on you?" jj snapped. "how'd you like having a gun pointed at your baby?" he pointed right between briar's eyes and the blonde stumbled back against john b.

"watch it," john b stepped up. "relax."

"he had it right here on you, bro," he pointed between john b's eyes.

"look," john b slapped jj's hand away. "we've gotta go get the gold, okay? just give me that shit. we're putting it back." he grabbed the bag from jj's hands.

the blonde was quick to slam john b against the side of the twinkie.

"do you feel like a tough guy, huh?" john b breathed on jj. "what are you gonna do when he comes for us?"

"we punch him in the throat," jj spit.

"yeah," john b scoffed. "good fucking idea, jj."

"i'm not putting it back," the blonde shrugged. he hopped into the back of the twinkie. the group looked on, all the girls clearly uncomfortable.

"you guys getting in or what?" jj hollered. "what?" he climbed out and started at the remaining pogues.

"we're sick of your shit," john b stepped closer.