'She's... not into boys?'

Enid's pov:

I walked towards my bed, after we finally reached our dorm, focusing on my wrist as I lightly turned it left and right looking at the mark Wednesday's tight grip had left, why was she holding onto me so tight? I sat down silently watching as Wednesday stormed around her side of the room, packing her suitcase. She looks... kinda cute when she's in a mood. A genuine mood, that is, not just her cold, emotionless one. I think to myself as I watch her from the corner of my eye not wanting her to notice. I slightly tilt my head before I realise what just went through my head. What was that!? I swiftly turn my head towards the window. I can't think that! I'm in love with Ajax!

<small time skip>

I pondered on my thoughts for a while. That was until something hit me, literally. I turned my head to see that Wednesday was finished packing and was staring directly at me, Her captivating obsidian eyes piercing into my soul." What? " I say slightly pouting at her attack. "You're making one of those insufferable noises again," She says turning back round, "yeah well you didn't need to throw paper at me" I whined at her. "you know how important my writing time is to me." She says in her cold yet addicting tone "What is your novel about anyway?" I ask the raven haired girl. She softly sighed and turned her head back in my direction before answering "it's about a female detective in 19th century London, she's investigating a string of murders while battling against the male prejudice." For a brief moment her face almost lights up as she explains the novel she devotes so much time to. "That sounds interesting" I say, I see her slightly smile at my comment before facing her typewriting once again. "What colour hair does she have? Does she wear a waistcoat? How did they paint her nails back then?" I ask as I begin to wonder what this character looks like. "I haven't yet decided" She utters almost as if she's slightly flustered.

Wednesdays pov:

Shit, she can't know that the main character in my novel looks like her. Why is my face increasing in temperature? I need to get out of this, I think to myself as I try to render an excuse but as if by some cruel twist of fate that phone xavier gave me starts to make a noise. "OH MY GOD you've got a phone!? What brand is it? Do you have Snapchat? Instagram? Tiktok?" Enid shouts as she notices the small annoying device vibrating around my bedside table. "Yes. It was a gift," I answered. "How do you get it to stop doing that?" I slightly shout towards Enid with an annoyed tone due to this horrendous noise. "It's a phone call silly! You just swipe the little green circle" she states as she makes her way towards the door. "If you need anything I'll be in Yoko's dorm I need to pick up my makeup set I let her borrow for her date with Bianca" and with that exits the dorm leaving me with Xavier. I swipe the green button as Enid instructed, his stupid, loud and obnoxious voice filling the room.

<phone call>

Xavier - "Hey Wednesday!"

Wednesday - "What do you want?"

Xavier - "well I was wondering if you'd like to meet up sometime during the holidays? Y'know for a date..."

Wednesday- "Firstly, I don't do dates. Secondly, even if I did, I'm not into you."

Xavier- "oh. Well no worries then... " his tone sounded more monotone and disappointed than before.

Xavier- "is there someone else you're interested in then?"

Wednesday - "I'm just not into boys in general, it's nothing personal Xavier"

Xavier- "oh well, I'll catch you later then?"

Wednesday- "bye"

<Xavier hangs up>

Enid's POV:

I leave the dorm ready to head to Yoko's room when I hear... Xavier? Why would he call Wednesday? I didn't think they were particularly on good terms after the Hyde situation. I stayed by the door listening to what's unfolding as my curiosity got the better of me. I moved closer to the door trying to hear the muffled words clearer. "Y'know for a date..." did Xavier just ask Wednesday out on a date!? that's so... not good? I'm not sure why but hearing that makes me feel agitated? Suddenly I hear Wednesday speaking up, she says she's not into him! For some odd reason my heart fills with happiness, almost like when Ajax finally asked me out. "I'm just not into boys" I began to zone out, longing over her words. Wednesday just said she's not into boys!? Does that mean she's... into girls? my face instantly starts heating up and turning red. 'Honestly Enid get yourself together she probably just isn't into dating, and anyway you like Ajax.' I think as my emotions go all over the place over my roommate, why Is my body reacting like this? Why am I thinking like this?

The sound of the call ending snatches my attention, I then remember where I'm meant to be and dart off towards Yoko's dorm before Wednesday notices me eavesdropping.

872 words
Feel free to give suggestions