friend or foe

No ones POV:

Today was the day many people had been anticipating, today was the day of the fencing tournament. The nevermore fencing team has been praised many time in the past. But today was the day a new captain would be chosen. Leading the team for the next school year. the captain of the team will take the group then around different tournaments throughout the area, years ago, Morticia Addams took the title of captain and brought vast amounts of success to the team. And Wednesday knew today was her chance to live up to her mothers reputation. Although normally she'd disappointed with this, but Wednesday likes her fencing, and she wants to captain this team. 

The coach of the fencing team enters the hall. "Right then students, listen up." He shouts over the babbling teens. "All of you here today know why you are here." He continues, once everyone had quietened down, "you've all been entered into the schools annual tournament for fencing team captain. Names were chosen based on how you've performed throughout the year and in various duels where we've seen high levels of talent." After he finished the students begin excitedly whispering over moments over the year where they feel they've done well. "The rules are as follows. Each duel will be first to three points, the winner of the duel progresses to the next round, the loser must win their next duel to stay in the tournament. Full armour is to be worn at all times. And any moves deemed too dangerous will result in penalty points. There is no rules on time limits, or number of sword clashes." He declares. The students once again began to mutter amongst themselves. All the duels were laced out on a large organised sheet so everyone knew who their opponent was and who their next possible opponent would be. 

For the first round, Wednesday was coming up against divina, Wednesday was somewhat happy with how her duels were laced out, although one stuck out in particular, for this particular duel, she would need to win, not for the place of captain, but to show she's better than him.

The first duel would be between Wednesday and Divina. It had started well for the raven haired teen, she has been so elegantly trained in the art of fencing that she has mastered a balanced fighting style and her posture matches this. Divina however, is less trained but still quite the adversary for Wednesday, Divina lifts her sword upwards blocking a thrusting offensive move from Wednesday, Divina uses this opportunity then to drag her blade back down while forcing it towards Wednesday nearly making contact with her but Wednesday leans backwards and moves one pace backwards, Wednesday is aware she is in control of the duel and uses this to her advantage, she notices Divina likes to defend thrusts by swinging her sword up at her blade. Wednesday them proceeds to launch a thrusting move on Divina, but before she can counter it with her swing Wednesday withdraws her sword before moving it ever so slightly lower and striking divinas armour. 

"Point to Wednesday" coach Vlad says watching over the game. 

Fortunately for Divina, she has noticed her own tendency to block in such a fashion and has decided to dry a string of offensive moves, she first thrusts the blade towards Wednesday chest where Wednesday counters by making her sword force Divinas downwards, just as she had planned, Divina then reduced the pressure on her blade, letting it slip from the lock with Wednesday's, and she cleanly thrusts the blade into Wednesday's armour. 

"The score is even" Coach Vlad says, announcing that Divinas move stands.

Wednesday knows not to let that mistake happen again. She knows how Divina plays now, and works out her preferred fighting style and how to force her out of it. Divina likes playing defensive with the odd string of offensive manoeuvres, to get her out of this, all Wednesday has to do is block the first thrust and she gets a small window where she can strike. She uses this opportunity until eventually her blade makes contact with Divinaa armour.