Forever

Wednesday's POV

Principle weems? I thought to myself as I felt my eyes shoot open, is that actually her? Why is she back in nevermore and where on earth has she been hiding. I looked over at Enid and signalled towards the hole in the table, she looked through it before looking back at me wide eyed. "Is that actually weems? " she whispered to me, I nodded slightly before whispering back, "I think so". I looked back through the hole to see the figure was facing the desk, I stared for a few moments wondering what she was doing, that was until she started walking towards us, I turned to Enid once again before putting my finger against my lips. She acknowledges this and remains quiet not making any noises or movement. Principal Weems kept getting closer, and closer. 'This is it' i think  to myself, she's going to catch us. She reaches a hand out to the table. I need to think of an excuse and quickly, we can't just be in here for the hell of it. Suddenly, the tall white haired figure opens a draw, grabs a large and dusty hardback book. She then shape-shifts into a different figure before walking out of the room.

"Holy shit" I say with a sigh of relief. "That was way too close" Enid says also exhaling a deep breath. "Well it doesn't look like she's that dead. " I say as my heart rate slows to an almost normal level. "Shush, you know how rising from the dead isn't exactly uncommon in nevermore!" Enid says, still looking somewhat shaken up. "Yeah but she wasn't exactly decaying and decrepit, was she?" I say pointing out the quite obvious fact that she looks as alive as the last time we saw her. Eventually, we get up and leave the room trying to make as little noise as possible, even I admit, that was pretty close, if it was just me on my own I wouldn't say so much, I'd throw myself into absolutely anything and wrangle a way out, but I can't risk it when Enids here, I love her too much for that.

<time skip>

We walked back to our dorm in silence, both pondering on why Weems could be hiding, as we sit down on our beds, Enid is the first to speak. "Wens, we should leave Weems to do her own thing for a bit, anyone could be out looking for her." She says with a small frown, she's right, anyone could be out looking for her, I mean, we went looking for her, maybe that means others with not so happy intentions also want to do the same. "You're right" I start. "But, we need to look out for her as well, anyone shady we need to keep an eye on okay." I finish with walking over to her bed and putting my arms around her. "At least we know she's alright now." Enid says a small smile crossing her face. "Exactly, it is best to look our for her." I say in response, she then turns her head towards me. "You better not fake your death!" She says in a stern-ish voice.  I smirk at her and cheekily reply with "Oh, I was planning to do that next Thursday." She doesn't say anything but her expression spoke a thousand words, suddenly her face dropped. "What's up my dear?" I ask her softly, putting my arms around her. "What if I ever did lose you?" She asks, tears beginning to fall from her eyes. "You'll never lose me. I'm so lucky to have you, I really don't deserve you." I say comforting Enid.

Enid's POV:

I hate myself when I get depressed, my mother used to shout at me for getting depressed, i never told my father, he wouldn't understand, throughout my life all i've never had the support from my family, even here with all my friends i rarely had support, through everything, i've suffered alone. But now, i finally have support and i don't deserve it but i couldn't live without it. Wednesday is actually trying to help. What ever did I do to deserve her, I don't deserve her, she doesn't need to bare my burden but she does, and I can't thank her enough, without her I'd be nothing. If I ever lost her, I'd lose myself, she is my everything and without her I'd be nothing.

<time skip>

About an hour has passed with me just laying in her arms, as my bout of depression passes over I start to feel calmer and start relaxing into her more. As the night drags on I feel my eyes slowly begin to shut, as I drift off to sleep there's only one wish I have.

To stay like this forever