falling

Enid's POV

I wake up to my alarm blaring, I reach over to turn it off. 'Uuuugh I've got classes in an hour'. I think to myself as I go to get up but I'm stopped by the small Raven haired girl hanging onto me tight, she's so cute. "Enid stay" she softly says, still half asleep. "We've gotta get ready wens" she just groans in response.  Usually she's up before me, ready before me in fact but what's so different about today? I think to myself cluelessly. "C'mon nessy, why're you acting like thisssss, we've gotta get ready. We can't be late on our first proper day back". " I don't care, I'm comfy" she mumbles before tightening her grip again. "Wednesday seriously, let go" I say slowly getting irritated. "Ugh fine!" She says as she lets go and faces the wall in a huff. I just roll my eyes and start getting ready. 

<30 min time skip> 

I walk out the bathroom and back into the main dorm to see that Wednesday is still in bed, is she sick? "Wens are you okay? ". No response. " wen-" she cut me off. "Ican'twalkenid". She quickly spits out. "what?" I say as I sit on the edge of her bed. She sighs before answering, still staring at the wall. "Enid. I can't walk". I look away from her, covering my mouth as I try not to laugh, I was physically shaking at this point. I felt the bed shift,  "IT'S NOT FUNNY!!" That was the last straw, I burst out laughing "ENID!!!!" my god she sounded furious however I couldn't help but laugh at her statement. "I.. I'm sorry" I breathlessly said, still laughing, I was at the point where my ribs hurt and tears were flowing down my face. I heard her huff in frustration as my laughs slowly died down to small chuckles. "god Wednesday, are you being serious?" I say lightly giggling as I turn to face her. She glared at me with the scariest death stare known to man. "Holy shit you are" her eyes glanced at her legs before looking back at me. "Enid…let the teachers know I have a fever… . Please? " Her expression changed and her eyes pleaded with me, "Ha don't worry nessy, your little secret is safe with me" I shot her a quick wink before heading towards the door, I looked back quick to see she was laying back down to go sleep again. 

I walked into the class trying to hide my smirk as I went to sit next to Yoko. We had about 5 minutes before the lesson started, god I hated this lesson. Wednesday and Yoko are the only ones who make it somewhat bearable. Suddenly the classroom begins to flood with students as the teachers walk in. 'Great here we go' I think to myself rolling my eyes. I turn to face Yoko who clearly looks confused. I go to ask her about it when the teacher starts calling out the register, she gets Wednesday's name who obviously doesn't answer. I raise my hand waiting for her to call on me, "yes Enid?" I put my hand back down before speaking up, "Wednesday isn't in today as she has a fever" I calmly say she just nods in return and continues down the register. It took roughly a minute for her to get through it and start explaining the lesson, it was another text book lesson, these are actually the worst. Yoko went up to grab a text book for us and returned super quickly, she sat down and put the book on the table, keeping her hand over it. "Enid, where's Wednesday? " 'shit maybe she's onto me' I think to myself before replying, "she's in bed, like I said she has a fever" she gives me the look of 'don't lie to me', "can we get on with the work Yoko" I say trying to divert the conversation as I reach for the book, she slaps my hand away "Hey!" I spit out holding my hand, "We aren't doing anything until you tell me the real reason Wednesday isn't here. That girl somehow doesn't get sick, so what's the deal?". I look around trying to find something to distract her, " Enid, what did you do? " she said with a mischievous tone, I placed my finger against my lips, telling her to shush as I slightly blush. I ripped out some paper from the back of my book before writing and giving it to Yoko. She scanned over it with her eyes before snickering. "Are you being serious right now?" She says in a whisper as she lightly giggles, I just look away and nod, she starts laughing now. "Yoko!" The teacher shouts, "Stop giggling and get on with your work",       "sorry miss! " Yoko responds as she gets ahold of herself. I sigh and grab the text book from her side of the table before turning to the page we needed.