the new guy

scaramouche pov

"alright you all this is our last day in this dirt filled hell,we'll leave first thing in the morning" they all nodded and scattered to do random activities, i turn around and look at kazuha who was standing behind me and smiling casually.

"i'll go ask aether for an extra map if he has one,stay here" i walk around to find aether and i did but- he was kinda pinned to the wall by xiao right now. "sorry,am i interrupting something?" aether quickly got out of xiaos grasp and asked me what i needed, "i just need a map and then you both can continue with whatever you were doing" aether reached into his pockets and pulled out a map before handing it to me,i looked over to xiao who was clearly pissed and said "i better get going now- goodluck aether~" he became flustered as i walked away.

-2 days laterrrr cuz im lazy and i need smth interesting-

why did kazuha have to call in sick today of all days-

"scaramouche,what is the answer?" mr.albedo handles alchemy classes with his assistant sucrose,i also did not know the answer-

suddenly someone barged through the door breathing heavily,"s-sorry sir! please excuse me" he looked like a new kid and from the looks of it an actually nice one. "that's alright,its only the first class of the day so i'll excuse it, please come here and introduce yourself" the guy nodded and walked over to the front of classroom.

"goodmorning everyone! my name's suzuki akio,i look forward to getting to know everyone!" he said happily (A/N btw this dudes character design is kind of the same as what people would call buff) i lean over to where kazuha is supposed to be seated and forgot he wasnt here today. the new kid walked over and sat there instead,he looked over to me and signalled to shake my hand. i shook his hand and said "my names scaramouche,nice to meet you" he nodded and looked over to albedo and started listening to the lecture.

-40 minutes later-

"alright everyone that wraps it up,head on over to your next class" i grabbed my bag and felt a tap on my shoulder, i turned around and saw akio smiling at me, "whats your next class?" "english" he nodded and says excitedly "i also have english,how about we go together?" i nod and we start walking.

"so,do you have any hobbies?" he was attempting to strike up a conversation,"yea,i like cooking" "oh! may i try some of your food when i can?" i laughed a bit and nodded before saying "sure,why not?" he smiled happily and we eventually reached the classroom. he tapped my shoulder and asked nervously "hey scaramouche,do you mind if we sit together?" i nodded and said "sure,and just call me scara" he nodded and followed me over to my seat and i patted the seat on my left since kazuha usually sits on my right.

"alrighty class lets get on with it."

-after most of the classes,the last class of the day-

"p.e,how goddamn amazing" akio turned to me and asked "how about we go get some coffee later after class" i nodded and we both went to change into our p.e uniform. "alright i'm done changing scara" "k one sec" i put on my p.e shirt and open the curtain "do you really have to go into a curtained room to change?" "i need privacy while changing,now lets go big guy!" i pat his back and walk out with him.

"you know scara,you're awfully skinny for a guy.." i look at him and playfully punch his arm "dont judge me by my body!" we both laugh it off as a certain ginger-haired man calls us over "scara! new kid! come over here!" we both walk over to him and get ready for class.

"alright today we're doing some 5 laps around the court" "reminder gingerbread man,this court is the size of a football court" "alright then scara,you can just do 20 then" i shake my head and shut myself up. we started running and it went on for a bit,me and akio were just chatting and jogging at the same time.