Happy birthday..to you..~

Kazuha pov

"HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!" We all cheered as the fireworks exploded in the sky. I looked up at them from my seat, enjoying the scenery. It was extremely loud, everyone was cheering and clinking their drinks before chugging them down in seconds. I look over to everyone else, Venti and Beidou were having a drinking contest, Aether was feeding a drunk Xiao some almond tofu while Xi mei held a bucket incase he'd vomit, Zhongli and Childe had gone elsewhere. Cyno, Tighnari, Kaveh and Alhaitham were playing TCG around a round table and drinking a few shots in the process.

I sigh in satisfaction as I drink a glass of wine, I resided on my balcony and away from the crowd. I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep, knowing I'd have to help Sebastian and Min with one heck of a clean-up tommorrow.
.
.
.

"Kazuha, wake up" someone said and I slowly opened my eyes, Min was looking down at me while holding two broomsticks "time to clean~" she sayed with her usual soothing tone as she handed me one of the brooms. I cleaned with her and Sebastian for a few hours before going back to work in my study room. A pile of papers sat on the side of my desk, needing my signature on every single one. I sigh and get to work, not even half-way done I suddenly got a phone call from an unknown number. I answered and they spoke in a low tone, "hello Kaedehara.." I recognized it immediately, "Dottore?-" he suddenly cut me off and said "give a happy birthday to the birthday boy day after tommorrow, alright?~ don't bring anyone else." before I could say another word, he hung up and sent me a photo and message.

The photo was of Scara, he was seemingly asleep while hugging his legs close to his body and was in a cylinder like container (author forgot what it was called) that was filled with a vibrant purple liquid, there were alot of tubes attached to his back that seemed like they were injecting the same purple liquid that he was in. (A/N I had to explain with a whole paragraph-😃) My eyes widened in surprise as I saw the picture. I carefully read the text 'come see him day after tommorrow if you'd like, he can hear you even if he looks like he's sleeping.' I text back quickly, 'where?' 'Do you still remember where Suzuki Akio held him captive for three days?' He asked.

I grit my teeth, not liking the thought of that bastard. 'Yea, why?' I texted back. 'Just go there, I'll guide you once you do.' I sigh and put my phone down before turning to the stack of paperwork. "I'll go day after tomorrow. But I have to finish my work fast if I want to do that.." I immediately got to work.

-day after tommorrow (author is very lazy)-

I put on some casual clothes and walked over to Chinju forest at around 10:00 pm. I managed to reach the small cabin that I didn't even want to look at. I reach the front door and my phone rang, I answered it and put it to my ear "just wait there, I'll come fetch you personally." I waited there at the porch for a while until I heard footsteps behind me, I turn around and see that blue-haired man walking up to me.

he stopped once we were right infront of eachother and I looked up at him, "where-" "follow me." he cut me off and entered the house with me, he brought me to the basement entrance and I backed away from remembering what had happened last time I was there. he noticed my hesitance and turned to me, "are you coming or not?" he asked and I sigh before going in first. the room was filled with stuff that I don't kow the name of,each tube an container was filled with the vibrant purple liquid, at the end of the stairs, there was a full view of Scara in that large container, not different from what he looked like in the picture.

he was in the same body position and his eyes were closed as if he was sleeping, I didn't dare try and break him out because for all I know those tubes on his back and the liquid he's in could be what's keeping him alive. I turn to Dottore and he was leaning his back against the wall and he had a smile on his face, "go on. I'll be here incase something happens. remember,don't pass the line." he said as he pulled a gun out of his coat. I sigh and walk until my feet were inches away from the line on the floor. I was nervous becase it was strange to see him in this state.

I kneel on the floor and then I pull out an average size box and a smaller ne with a cupcake in it and pulled out a single candle froom my bag. "only a cupcake? no frosting or toppings?" Dottore asked and I glance at him "Scara doesn't eat sweets so it would be a pretty big waste, he prefers making the food by himself too." I said as I put the candle on the cupcake calmly.

Scaramouche pov (A/N at long last my baby gets pov time<333)

I slowly open my eyes, only to see that I was floating in a black void. 'what time is it? what day is it? am I dead? did Dottore do somethng?". the last thing I remember was a rush of pain circling through my body before I went to sleep and Dottores stupid words, 'this may hurt a bit but i promise you won't remember anything once it's over'. 'I don't understand, I want to sleep, yet I feel like I've been sleeping for an eternity.' I thought to myself. I slowly closed my eyes and was about to fall asleep until I heard a faint voice in the distance. I open my eyes and turn my look around, trying to find the source of the voice. I saw a floating ball of light in the distance and went over to it, the faint voice got louder and clearer and I recognized that voice "Kazu..ha?.." I heard him, he was singing softly..

he was singing a song that was known world-wide, "happy birthday..?" I touch the light and I was brought to the basement, I could see Kazuha kneeling on the floor and singing happy birthday and infront of him was..me?..

I tried to call out to him but he coudn't hear me let alone see me. once I finally realized that, I sat beside hi and stared at the thing he was holding. it was a vanilla cupcake that had no icing or topping, a plain cupcake. the candle was already lit, he finished sinnging and looked up at the me infront of us. he smiled and whispered "make a wish before you blow it out..". I coudn't help but smile softly I got closer to the candle and closed my eyes 'I wish..I could wake up..' I blew out the candle and to my surprise, it blew out. Kazuha looked confused and I notice Dottore in the corner of my eye, he also looked confused at why the candle blew out.

I stood up and walked over to my body,I touched the container and my head began to throb. when I opened my eyes again, I was inside the container or more specifically, the body inside the container. Kazuha looked at me with shock and Dottore did too, he stood up and called out to me. "S-Scara!-" the sound of gun shots were heard and Kazuha fell to the ground while holding his stomach tightly. My eyes widened and I banged on the glass,Dottore walked over to him "good job, you got him to wake up. but now..you are no longer needed" he pointed the gun to his head and I banged on the glass, unable to speak.

before I realized..a single gunshot was heard.

A/N haha cliffhangers, I love making cliffhangers.