Princess of the abyss

Unknown pov

I sat in a chair with one leg over the the other, my head rested on my hand lazily. I sigh in boredom as I shut my eyes to take a small nap, suddenly an abyss mage appeared and disrupted my slumber, "y-you're majesty!-" "who dares disrupt my sleep?." I glare at the mage with my cold eyes. It stuttered and said something quietly out of fear, "speak up!" I yelled, "I-I-It's you're b-brother!!-", my eyes softened and I asked hesitantly "what of my brother..?" "H-he's gone missing! Us mages cannot seem to find him with out magic-" "well,FIND HIM!" "O-ofcourse your majesty!!!" The mage teleported away and i slumped in my chair.

I stood up from my throne and walk out of the large room angrily, my heels clacked with every step I took in the hallways. I soon reached a door with extravagant carvings on it, I put my hand on it and the door slowly creaked open, only those of the same bloodline as me can open this door.

I walked inside and it revealed a large library spiraling upwards, I raise my hand in the air and a bright light emerged from it. A book landed on my hand and I looked at it carefully, I noticed that Aethers name was scribbled out and a new name was under it 'Sora' was it's new title, this was a special library that operates on the persons memories and tell me information on any memory that people still have in their mind anyones lives, even Morax and Barbatos are in this library but I dare not see their information for archon books are some of the largest books in all of the library. If a persons memories change, so too does their book.

Third pov

The abyss princess opened the book but to her dismay, it was completely different from what it was before. "This..these aren't the original memories.." The pages were scibbled with black ink and slowly formed into words completely different from the words before, "his memories..why have they completely changed?!", she looked through the book in a complete panic, "Servant? Fatui? Scaramouche?! What is this?!?!" She slammed the book on the ground in a rage. She raised her hand again and another book appeared, 'The balladeer' "tch, using multiple names must be exhausting- h-huh?..w-what?!" The pages weren't how they were before either.

"What the-" her breath was shaking with panic, "'the puppet that was created by the fatui'?" She whispered and then threw the book at the wall from frustration, "who the hell has been toying with the memories?! WHO HAS BEEN TOYING WITH MY BROTHER AND HIS FRIEND?!" She yelled so loud that some subordinates passing from outside the room covered their ears in fright.

-with the puppet-

The balladeer sat on the floor of his empty white room in boredom, he had forgotten the cat with Kazuha and had no idea how to get Kaede back. Suddenly the sound of a door unlocking was heard and he turned his head to the door, a cold voice spoke "come on, the doctor is looking for you", The balladeer nodded and followed the servant through he maze-like halls of the underground laboratory.

They reached the door of the room filled with those giant tubes of purple liquid and The puppet coudn't help but feel uneasy, he looked to the servant with a questioning face and the servant slightly pointed his arm to the door, "go on in.", The puppet nodded and reluctantly went inside. The doors slid closed behind him and he looked around the room that was only illuminated by the large purple tubes, his eyes landed on the shadowy figure of a man.

"Oh you're here, about that mission I gave you a while ago, tell me, did you fail..or succeed?" He asked with a cold tone, The balladeer was hesitant but answered in a soft voice, "f-failed.." "You do know what happens when you fail to follow orders,right?" The doctor held a small remote with a button on it.

Before The balladeer could say anything the doctor pressed the button and The balladeer fell to the ground in pain, the doctor was extremely pissed at his failure and pressed the button two more times, The balladeer screamed in agony as he held his head tightly. "Don't fail any missions in the future." The doctor said as he walked out of the room leaving the screaming puppet on the floor, the servant looked at him with an empty expression and simply closed the door and walked through the halls with the doctor.

-a few days later-

Zhongli pov

I was sitting on my balcony and enjoying some tea until I heard a very familiar sound from behind me. "Oh? To what do I owe to your visit,Lumine?", I put my tea on the small round table infront of me before turning my head to look at her. Her dress was elegant in black with red in some parts of her dress, she looked up at me and glared, "where is Aether?.." She asked.

I look to the abyss lector behind her and then back to her, "I do not know, I was merely informed that he was taken by the fatui. But why come to me? Why not go to..Venti,perhaps?" I chuckled and her eyes widened, "VENTI?! WHY? WHAT DOES HE KNOW?!" She yelled.

"I don't know what he knows, maybe you should check his book in your little library?" I suggested and she turned to the abyss lector, "get me Barbatos' book, NOW!" The abyss lector did as they were told but returned with no book in hand and wore a worried expression.

Third pov

"Princess, the book, it has.." The abyss lectors words trailed off, "it has what? TELL ME." The impatient girl demanded. "It has been stolen!!" The lector blurted out and slowly peaked at the princess' expression, her face had become dark and dull with anger, she slowly turned to the old man and said "we will talk about this some other time." And then she left in an unusually calm manner.

Zhongli shrugged and went back to relaxing himself on the balcony.

-with Lumine-

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT DISAPPEARED?!" The princess yelled at the servants in anger. "P-princess, we do not know how it disappeared, i-it just went poof!!" A servant said in terror, "poof? POOF?! HOW CAN THE BOOK OF THE ANEMO ARCHON GO POOF?!?!" She yelled in rage and made a mess of the room.

-with Sora-

Sora pov

I looked at The doctor as The balladeer clinged to my leg tightly. "Sir, may I ask what that is..?" I asked, he held a book in his hand with the name "Barbatos" on it. "This is an important book I stole from someone you used to know, I'm simply borrowing it~"

I nod and pat The balladeers head softly, "I will return The balladeer to his confinement room." I brought him back to his room and proceeded to play some games with him. "Ring around a rosey~ pocket full of poesys~ ashes ashes we all fall-" "down!!" The puppet fell to the floor and laughed happily while i stood their and watched him with a poker face.

"For someone with limited vocabulary, you seem to speak fine." I complimented in a monotone voice, he smiled and me and said "thank!", ok I take it back his vocabulary isn't that fine.

We played for hours until the door creaked open, The doctor stood there with a syringe with glowing purple liquid. "Sora, you are excused." I nod and walked out of the room and passed him midway. The moment I stepped out of the room I heard the loud agonized scream of The balladeer, I couldn't muster up courage to turn around so i kept walking..

Third pov

The balladeer screamed in pain as the liquid that The doctor had injected in him flowed through his body, The doctor looked at him indifferent as strange purple marks appeared on his body and glowed a bright purple.

"Hmph, if you can't handle such a small amount of this then I suppose I will make sure you get used to the pain, slowly building up until you can take in all of it without making a peep." The doctor said as he grinned sinisterly, staring at the screaming puppet..

A/N haha, im driving away from logic-