Back in teyvat

Aether pov

I layed in my bed as Xiao told me what happened while I was in the fatui. my memories were changed, Xi mei was forced to physically grow up, and I nearly killed her.

"that's all I know." he said and I smiled softly, "it's fine dear..". "hmph, that stupid Dottore. stealing Scara and running off to who knows where!" Xi mei humphed and I chuckled. "Xi mei, did Dottore do anything to you aside from making you grow up?" I asked. she shook her head and I sigh in relief, "that's good.." "Aether, do you know a short haired blonde girl by any chance?" Kazuha asked and I looked at him in confusion, "are you talking about..Lumine..?"
.
.
.

Lumine pov

as I sat in my throne a hydro mage appeared before me, "your majesty.." "what do you want? spit it out or I'll feed you to the dogs." "your brothers memories, will you not recheck them?" it asked, I glared at it coldly. "fine." I stood up and walked over to the library, I find Aether book and read it. I sigh in relief as I closed it, "good,it's back to how it was before..wait,the puppet boys memories." I began to search for his book but like barbatos' it was nowhere to be seen. "dammit, after one problem is fixed another one appears." I put my brothers book back and walk out of the library.

once I stepped out of the large library,I turn to some passing subordinates and say "find The balladeer. and find what in the worldThe doctor is planning." they nod and went to go spread the order to the others. my heels clacked through the halls as I walk back to my throne room. to my surprise, a little girl was there sitting on it. I unsheathed my sword and point it towards her as I walked closer "who are you? how did you get in here?", she didn't answer and I glared at her. suddenly she looked up at me and said in a soft tone "so you're my aunty? and I thought everyone was being crazy.", this girls aura was..unusually chilling.

"you know, mama has been looking for you for a long time. heck he even tried in teyvat. just how long do you plan to run from him?" she asked with her golden eyes staring at me "I-I.." I coudn't bring myself to speak at all, "so..you're Xi mei?" I asked and she nodded. "mama said he found you in teyvat once, he told me before that he wishes to go back to have another look. the reason you went to Zhongli to find Barbatos..was it because he knows something none of us do?". 'this girl..' I point my sword towards her neck "what do you want." "I want...mama to be happy." she snapped her fingers and my sword flew across the room.

"I can't do that until you learn how to cooperate..", I glared at her "you..aren't normal,are you?", she chuckled and pointed at me "I never was."..
.
.
.

Aether pov

I woke up but my bed felt really different. I sat up and heard a familiar voice that I hadn't heard in over 5 years. "traveller! you're awake! Paimon was going to wake you up but oh well. let's get going!" I looked at her with shock, "Pai..mon?" I looked around, I knew this place like the back of my hand. "this is were I started..how did I.." "traveller..?" Paimon looked at me like I was someone delusional. "ah nothing.. let's go.." I stood up and did exactly what I did on my first run here. I walked over to the woods and saw Venti and Dvalin, I thought to myself 'I was right, this is exactly like how it was last time..how did I come back here anyway..'. I did whatever I remembered from the first time for the time being.

Venti didn't remember me and I assumed it was like that for everyone but I was wrong. "Aether? your here? what is this place?" Amber asked me with confusion clear on her face, "Amber? you know who I am?" this will cause problems for me, if Amber remembers who I am then theres a high chance thaat other people remember me too. "Amber, what do you know?" "hm..not much..but it's as if new memories were sudddenly brought into my head with no explanation. I somehow know this place is called-" "Mondstadt?" I cut her off subconciously. "yes! it happened to you too???" she asked and Paimon looked at us weirdly "heeey, what are you both hiding from Paimon?" Paimon butt in and we both turned to her, Amber looked at me confused and asked "hey..isn't this the same thing Xi meis doll is? Pie- something.." "Paimons name is Paimon, and she's not a doll".