Grow up, little girl.

Third pov

Dottore looked at the small infant with an indescribable look, and Pantalone glared at him coldly while saying "you already successfully experimented on her birth giver. What will you do to the child?". Dottore chuckled and looked at him, "I'll make her useful to us, I'll make her grow up.", Pantalone looked at him as if Dottore had just said he fucks his robots.

"S-she's a child!! Not only that, she probably doesnt even know that-" "Pantalone." Dottore cut him off before continuing, "this girl has something that could be considered perfect memory. She knows what lies in teyvat and even as an infant has already tried to go in it without her dear mamas knowledge. She saw what she wasn't supposed to and that led her to many problems. Now let me do my job." He turned to the infant and took out a syringe. Pantalone looked at him but didn't try to stop him, he knew that Dottore was going to do this sooner or later and that moment was now.

The doctor injected it into the child arm and chuckled sinisterly. "This'll let her grow to atleast 2-3 years old before she starts growing at the natural rate again." "And how long will that take?" Pantalone asked, "around..20 hours?" Dottore said while chuckling coldly..

-3 hours in-

The doctor observed the infant carefully and sure enough, she was definitely over a year old now. She could walk around and climb things that aren't too high. He watched her intently through the one-way glass as Pantalone looked at him as if he'd gone insane, "Dottore..you're taking away an important part of her life that her parents are supposed to be witnessing..", Dottore looked at him indifferent and said "well her mama doesnt remember her and her papa is drinking his pains away, after I get what I need from her why dont I just kill her and leave her body on papas bed?" He chuckled sinisterly while Pantalone scoffed and walked away

-6 hours in-

"She's smart for a 1.9 year old. She can already speak fluently.." Dottore said as he noted everything down. Xi Mei, although still small, had developed a sense of awareness to her surroundings. She grew suspicious that she was always in a white room filled with various colorful childrens toys and was curious why she was growing so fast. She didnt know that Dottore spied on her at all.

-14 hours in-

"Huh..she's passed my expectations and reached 3.9 years.." The doctor looked at her, intrigued. "Red..orange..yellow..Mama is yellow..." Xi Mei mumbled to herself as she colored a rainbow on some paper. She suddenly brke the crayon in her hand and whispered, "can't remember..mamas face.."..

-20 hours in/completed now-

"Congratulations, you managed to reach 5 years old within the past 20 hours~" Dottore praised Xi Mei happily, Xi Mei looked at him curiously "who..are you..?" She asked. Dottore ignored her question and led her through the underground laboratory and into a room. "His mental age is the same as your physical one so I'm sure you both will get along.." He said as he shoved her into The balladeers room and locked the door shut.

She looked around and saw a dark purple-haired boy and walked over to him, "hel-" before she could finish the puppet jumped in fright and tripped, he ended up bumping his head on the floor with a loud thud. She looked at him indifferently and helped him up, "I'm Xi Mei, and you are?" She asked. The balladeer stared at her and said "Sca..ra..", she nodded. "Ok Scara, lets play together and get along" she was rather cold and blunt but she meant well, The balladeers happy nature and her cold one fit in perfectly because Scara doesnt care aslong as he has someone to play with.

A/N yes i know this chapter is painfully short but plz bear with me😭😭😭