Again?! (Author lost chap name ideas-)

Xi mei pov

I was sitting in the corner while staring at Scara, he was running around in a circle happily. He was so childish, "Oi." I said while looking at him with a bored expression. He looked at me curiously and tilted his head to the side. "Is running in a circle all you can do?" I asked, he was a bit shocked but he shook his head. I sighed and walk over to him, I gently held his hand and pulled him towards the door. I point at it and look at him, "do you know how to open the door?" I asked. He nodded and said, "yes, but doctor will.." He stopped and I looked at him with concern. "O-oh- oh yea! 'Hurt'! Doctor will hurt me!" He just forgot the word, I got worried for nothing.

I sigh and nod, "it's ok, I was just curious..". "Curi..ous..?" He asked, I look at him and say "I'll teach you some words if you want but you have to listen properly", he nods excitedly.

Third pov

Xi mei ended up teaching The balladeer for many hours to the point where they both fell asleep from exhaustion.
.
.
.

-at Kazuhas residence-

Kazuha layed on his bed tiredly, An arm over his eyes. Min sighed and walked over to him, She sat on the bed and said with her usual calm tone, "Kazuha, I know you're worried, and I am aswell. But you have to accept the fact that the real him is gone-" "what do you know." Kazuha cut her off and said with an annoyed voice. "You don't know him. You don't know how he was like before all this. But I do Min..", the maid looked at him somberly before sighing. "Kazuha, he isn't who he was. Yes I don't know him but neither do you anymore. You have to accept that he's not the person you knew-" "Min. Leave." Kazuha said in a cold tone, he didn't even look at Min.

She sighs and leaves the room, Kazuha simply layed on the bed. After a while he heard a doorbell ring, he knew Min and Sebastian had gone home so he stood up and walked to the front door. When he opened the door he was quickly greeted with a rough shove, he stumbled to the ground and looked up to see an unfamiliar face, suddenly the person stepped inside and shut the door. "Greetings Kaedehara, sorry to come unannounced." The shory haired blonde smiled at him but her cold aura didn't disappear.

"H-huh? You..you look like-" before Kazuha could finish his sentence, she cut him off "Aether, yes, I know. Now hurry up." She pulled him over to the couch and sat beside him. She went silent and the cold atmosphere became awkward instead.

"Uhm..do you need anything..??-" Kazuha asked in confusion, "yes, I need to know where Barbatos is.", Kazuha looked at her dumbfounded and chuckled nervously. "Sorry..who?.". Lumine realized her mistake and corrected herself, "Venti!! I mean your friend Venti!". Kazuha nodded and thought for a bit. "Come to think of it, I haven't seen him in a while-" "GAHH!!!" suddenly Lumine groaned in frustration.

"Uhm..are you ok?" Kazuha asked, she sighed and stood up. A portal appeared behind her and she said to him "If you see him, just say my name.", then she left and the portal clised behind her. Kazuha thought for a moment before realizing "wait a minute.. WAIT! I DONT EVEN KNOW YOUR NAME!!!".

-meanwhile, with Xi mei-

I slowly opened my eyes and looked around, I had fallen asleep on the ground and I looked around for Scara. I found him huddled up in the corner and trembling. "Scara? What's wro-" before I could finish, the door swung open and The doctor I now kmow as Dottore was standing there. Three syringes of a strange liwuid in his hand. Scara flinched when he heard the door and looked at me, "n-no..look.." He whispered as the doctor walked over to him. "What do you mean..? Dottore! What will you do to him?!" I yelled as I glared angrily at Dottore. He chuckled coldly and glanced at me, "what I always do,experiment." He injected all three syringes into Scaras neck and Scara fell to the ground.

He squirmed in pain, as if trying not to scream but failing miserably. Deep purple marks appeared on his body and he screeched in agony, I had to cover my ears because it was so loud. I looked to Dottore and he had a satisfied smirk on his face, "good job, you managed to hold your scream for a few seconds. I'll come back tomorrow again" he walked out of the room and I just stared at Scara.

He kept screaming for what seemed like hours and the only thing I could do was stare at him while covering my ears tightly.

Xiao pov

I woke up to the sound of my doorbell constantly ringing. I groaned in annoyance and stood up to answer the door. I open it but there was no one there, only a box that was left open. a foul stench came from the box and I looked disgusted. I deliberatly brought it inside and opened it to find rotting limbs of who knows, I felt like vomiting. I went to the forest just to bury the limbs because ifI went to the police they wouldsuspect me of doing this and if I just left it in the house the smell would make the neighbours uspicios of me and they' report me to the police either way.

once I made sure I found a good spot, I put on my gloves and ug a hole deep enough to fit the limbs in. once I was done I threw my gloves inside with them and covered the holes back up and flattened it so it wouldn't be too suspicious. I went back home and used the entire bottle of air freshener because of the foul stench that the limbs left behind. suddenly someone rang my doorbell again and when I went to check who it was. I found Sho and Yae standing there. "do you both need anything?" I asked, "yes,may we come in?" Sho asked and I let them in.

we all sat on my couch and Sho turned to me, "did you go to this years lantern rite?' Sho asked and I shook my head "I'm too busy to have fun right now,why do you ask?". I look at her and she sighs "because my informers that were present during lantern rite told me they came across people who match the descriptions of Scara and Aether from when we last saw them-" I suddenly shot up from the couch, "WHAT?!" I exclaimed. Yae nodded and said "I was the first one Sho told me about it to. Kazuha doesnt know and we're wondering how to tell him. so we started with you instead."

I sigh and nod, "did the informers say anything about injuries?" I asked and Sho shook her head, "that's a relief. I'll help you both tell Kazuha. Let's go."

-later-
Kazuha pov

I was working in my study room until Min told me I had visitors, "tell them to come back later,I'm busy." "but it's Xiao and two other woman I'm not familiar with-" she said and I look at her and nod. they come in and I stop my work to look at them, "yes?" I asked. "were you there during this years lantern rite, Kazuha?" Sho asked and I shook my head "no,why?". Xiao explained that Shos informers spotted Scara and AEther at he festival and Sho thought she should tell me and Xiao. "thanks, but lantern rite was ages ago. they're probably long gone by now-" suddenly my window shattered and someone and hung from it upside down. I could easily recognize the persons mask and long dark hair. "

"S-Scara?!" we exclaimed the moment we saw him. "you idiot!! I said stealth not shatter!!" a little girls voice spoke as he got yanked back up. I quickly got up from my chair and we all went to the window while ignoring the broken glass. I tried to see if they were stil there but Xiao grabbed me and suddenly brought me onto the room window above us. we saw Scara and a small girl with a piece of paper over her face. "R-Run!!!" She said and dragged Scara around the residence while me and Xiao tried to chase them. We finally cornered them. "who the hell are you." Xiao asked and I nodded, "none of your business!! Sora where the heck are you?!" She ran in a different direction with Scara and we began to chase them again. Scara shot some electro out of his hand and it made a block in the hallway. "Dammit! You got any other routes?" Xiao asked and I nodded as he followed me, but once we or there we discovered they had already left and I sighed tiredly. "Jeez..we almost had them.."

Xiao sighed and pulled me "come on,let's regroup with Sho and Yae." I nod and we went to regroup with the other two.

Xi mei pov

We slowly came out of our hiding spot after I made sure those two it's were gone. I looked to Scara and he nods as we looked around for an exit. "Sorry I'm late. There were some issues." "Sora! At long last! Get us out of here!" I whispered to avoid attracting attention. We managed to escape but I still didn't help but feel connected to that guy beside the white-haired one that Scara told me about. He seems so familiar but for some reason it feels so blurry, "do I..know him..?" "Hm? Know who?" Sora asked. "N-nothing, there was just a man back there who looked familiar, you look familiar too but I can't figure out why..". Sora escorted us back to the room and played with us there as I slowly got the problem out of my mind.