Chapter 17

The sweltering heat in Yucheng was not over yet, and high-temperature warnings were sent to citizens' mobile phones through text messages one after another. Mingyue turned off his mobile phone irritably after receiving the fifth high-temperature warning today.

The marketing department made several plans for the next quarter's marketing and sent them to him. Except for the morning meeting, Ming Yue spent almost all his time reviewing the plans, he was quite dizzy by the time he got off from work. It seems like stars are popping around his head.

The day was too exhausting, Ming Yue stayed up until five o'clock before leaving the company.

The underground garage was sweltering, and the air was filled with strong hot exhaust from the cars, enough to make people feel suffocated.

He had left the company in a hurry and forgot to change his clothes. Now that he was in the car, he realized that he was still wearing a formal shirt. He immediately unbuttoned the two buttons on his neckline and felt relieved of the stuffiness.

When he returned to the Weiyang Hall, Mrs. Deng was cleaning the ribs. When she heard movement in the living room, she quickly walked out of the kitchen and said with a smile, "Master Ming, why did you come back so early today?"

Ming Yue sat on the sofa in a large font, and exhaled heavily: "I'm a little hungry, so I left the company half an hour earlier."

Mrs. Deng said: "I haven't started cooking yet, but I have boiled a cup of white fungus soup, do you want to pad your stomach first?"

"Thank you, Mrs. Deng."

After having the white fungus soup, Ming Yue sat down for a while and went back upstairs to take a bath. The hot water smudged the skin all over his body, and when the fatigue was relieved, it induced drowsiness.

He leaned on his back against the edge of the bathtub, tending to fall asleep.

At this time, the bathroom door was opened from the outside, he opened his heavy eyelids and looked over, Lou Shijing was slowly walking this way.

"Why did you take a shower so early? Are you tired today?" The man squatted in front of the bathtub, smoothing his wet hair close to his ear.

Ming Yue patted his hand away, and said weakly: "It's more tiring than preparing for the college entrance examination."

Lou Shijing curled his lips: "Why don't I come to Mingyou to help you."

"Come on—" Mingyue knew that Lou Shijing was trying to make him happy, so he couldn't help rolling his eyes, "Tianheng can't live without you, so you better take care of your own business."

Lou Shijing smiled lightly, and stopped joking with him: "The meal is ready, let's go downstairs to eat."

Dinner is stewed pork ribs, fish head with chopped pepper, stir-fried water spinach, and fried corn with shrimp. The combination of meat and vegetables is complete and nutritious.

Ming Yue was probably hungry and panicked, he ate three bowls full of rice, and finally drank a lot of pork rib soup.

"Is the food in your company not good?" Lou Shijing picked up two pieces of ribs with his serving chopsticks while talking.

"Of course, it can't compare to Mrs. Deng's exquisite cooking." Mingyue knew what he was going to say, and snorted coldly, "I really didn't eat much at noon, wouldn't you be happy if I had an extra bowl of rice?"

Lou Shijing said, "Even if you eat ten more bowls, I can afford it."

"Uh..." Ming Yue subconsciously looked at Aunt Deng and Aunt Liu in the kitchen, his cheeks unstoppably hot, "Who wants you to raise me? I have hands and feet, I can't die of hunger!"