𝟮

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗢"𝖸𝖤𝖤𝖧𝖠𝖶"

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗢
"𝖸𝖤𝖤𝖧𝖠𝖶"

"𝗛ey, this don't make no sense, because that glass should be tempered for hurricanes," Judd says.

The 126 were on a call for a woman in an office building who jumped out of the window. Employees of the office were standing around scaredly.

"Oh, I've seen this back in the city. When people are committed, they'll find a way," Owen explained. The team arrived to where the woman landed. Michelle was feeling around her beck for a pulse.

"She's gone," The paramedic captain informed. Adrienne looked up at the window the woman jumped from, then glanced over at her older brother.

"Cap, I'm gonna head up there. They might need some help," Adrienne says. Owen nods and radioes that one of his members were going to assist them.

Adrienne sprints upstairs to find Nancy, Carlos, and Tim crowded around a young man.

"I-I could tell Liza was nervous about the pitch tomorrow, but one minute, she was fine. The next, she was like somebody from Bird Box," The young man explained. His voice was shaky like he was on something.

"Bird Box?" Carlos asked.

"Netflix?" Tim questioned.

"Sandra Bullock?" Nancy asked. Carlos gave each of them a questioning look. Adrienne made herself a mental note to invite Carlos over so that they could watch it together.

"JT, to your knowledge, was Liza on any substances?" Carlos asked him.

"No, she was two years sober. She knew better than that," JT replied. Adrienne looked over her shoulder to see a man reaching for a weapon. She taps Tim's shoulder so he could see for himself.

"Uh, Officer..." Tim says. Carlos ignores him, and the man starts to stab himself.

"Officer!" Someone shouts. The situation escalated quickly, the man stabbed himself receptively in the chest. Carlos was quick to rush over to him.

"Put the weapon down right now!" Carlos shouts. He got there just before the man also tried to jump out of the window.

Carlos pins him to the ground as a female employee stands and walks over to the window. Adrienne runs over and pins her down.

It was chaos. More employees stood up and walked over to the window. There were so many that the officers and Adrienne were unable to apprehend them. Some were successful in jumping out of the window.

"Dispatch, we're at a code six at 383 Highway. Send everyone you've got," Carlos spoke into his radio.

The rest of the 126 fire team arrived to help the situation die down. Adrienne handed off the woman she had pinned down to someone else. She watched as Paul broke off from the group and decides to join him.