𝟮𝟳

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡"𝖲𝖨𝖭𝖪 𝖮𝖱 𝖲𝖶𝖨𝖬"

"𝖲𝖨𝖭𝖪 𝖮𝖱 𝖲𝖶𝖨𝖬"

𝗛er feet took her as fast as they could. Adrienne made sure Estelle was held tightly against her body as she made her way through the crowd. Buck was way far behind his daughter and his girlfriend with Christopher thrown over his shoulder.

Adrienne found an abandoned game booth and decided that since the wave of water was fast approaching, she needed to take shelter in there.

Once she hopped inside with Estelle, Adrienne pinched her daughter's nose, and imitated bubble s for Estelle to copy. The little one and a half year old complied and Adrienne held her daughter close to her chest.

The water crashed down on the two just moments.. no, milliseconds later. Adrienne knew very well how to hold her breath underwater. She felt herself being thrown in all different directions.

Adrienne looks down to make sure Estelle was still close to her. Thankfully her daughter still was and Adrienne swam up to the surface.

She needed to get up to higher ground or else Estelle will drown. Adrienne climbed into a boat and sets Estelle down.

She was finally able to breathe fresh air. Adrienne took the chance she had to look out at the water. It was filled with nothing but debris. 

"Help!"

There was a woman fighting to stay above water. Her hands were flailing all over the place. Thankfully, the woman was just a short distance to where Adrienne set herself and Estelle.

"Hold on, start right where you are! I'm coming to you!" Adrienne shouts. She felt uneasy leaving Estelle on her own, but someone was in need of her help. She sat Estelle on a dry part of the boat.

"Stay here for me, okay? Stay right here. I will be right back," Adrienne says. Of course, Estelle had no idea what exactly was going on, but she somehow understood her mother's instructions.

Adrienne leaped off the boat and swam towards the woman. She seemed to calm down once Adrienne arrived.

"I'm Adrienne. A firefighter with LAFD. What's your name?" Adrienne asked. The woman took a few breaths, then finally looked at Adrienne.

"Andrea," She replied.

"Can you tell me what's wrong, Andrea?"

"My leg. I think it's stuck on something."

Adrienne took a deep breath before sinking down underwater. She discovered that Andrea's leg was being held down by some cords. Adrienne resurfaced from the water.