𝟮𝟮

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗧𝗪𝗢"𝖡𝖱𝖮𝖪𝖤𝖭"

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗧𝗪𝗢
"𝖡𝖱𝖮𝖪𝖤𝖭"

"𝗕uck, I'm fine."

Weeks passed since Adrienne and Maddie killed Doug. Buck was staying with Adrienne for the time being so he can help lessen the load on the housework and taking care of their daughter.

During those several weeks, they agreed not to talk about what happened. It was a time Adrienne would rather forget.

"A-Are you sure? It's only been three weeks and you're already jumping back into the field," Buck replied.

Buck watched from the doorframe as Adrienne got ready for work. He didn't want her to go because he believed she wasn't fully healed.

"Buck, I know I'm ready," Adrienne replied, putting on her work boots, "Bobby's probably going to have me do office work for him anyways."

Estelle waddled her way into the room. She squealed and headed straight to sit at her mom's legs. Chimney ran in after her.

"I'm sorry, she just slipped away so quickly," Chimney sighed, picked up Estelle, and rested her on his hip. He excused herself before leaving the room with Estelle.

"Remind me to pay Chim extra. Estelle's been a handful since you started taking care of her," Adrienne says.

"She's a Buckley. I can't help that!"

Adrienne's first shift just so happened to be when Bobby gave local elementary school kids a safety talk at the station. She and Hen were waiting for their cue to speak in the loft lounge.

An imitated sound of the station's bell went off, which was Adrienne and Hen's cue to speak.

"Station 118, Station 118, please dispatch a fire engine and an ambulance to the Meadowbrook School Library immediately. Harry Grant didn't do his homework!" Hen spoke into a megaphone. The kids erupted in laughter. Adrienne slides down the fire pole and joins Buck and Eddie.

"All right, guys, who wants to check out the trucks?" Bobby asked the group of kids. Their hands shoot up in the air followed by "Me!"

"All right. Follow Buck, Adrienne, and Eddie," Bobby instructed. Adrienne took a group of kids to check out the ambulance while Buck and Eddie showed them the ladder truck. Adrienne slips over to Buck, keeping an eye on the kids so they wouldn't mess anything up.

"You know, Ellie's going to have a trip like this soon," Adrienne smiled. She could just imagine her daughter bragging about how her mommy and daddy are both firefighters.

"Oh, I'll be looking forward to that," Buck replied.

"Okay, everybody, we are in Tactical Emergency Mode. That means we will not be at the station today. We will be driving all around the district to make sure that we are ready for anything that comes our way."