𝟰

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥"𝖠𝖢𝖳 𝖮𝖥 𝖦𝖮𝖣"

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥
"𝖠𝖢𝖳 𝖮𝖥 𝖦𝖮𝖣"

𝗧here was a news broadcast talking about severe weather warnings in the area of Austin, Texas. Adrienne groans knowing that tonight's shift was going to be incredibly long.

"Oh, boy, it's gonna be a long shift today," TK sighed. He passed through the kitchen where Paul was cooking food on the stove.

"That is why we are kicking things off with Paul's world-famous spicy sausage rigatoni," Paul says.

"Sausage? Really, dude?" Marjan questioned as she walked into the kitchen.

"Chill. It's turkey," Paul reassured. Adrienne was busy helping Judd set up the table.

"Hey! How spicy are we talking?" Judd asked, "'Cause my Scotch-Irish constitution rejects any and all things cayenne."

After setting down plates in front of each seat, Adrienne strides over to Paul and sticks out a hand. She was Paul's designated taste tester when it came to his cooking. Adrienne gave Paul her nod of approve after tasting the pasta and sausage.

"Hey, go take down the colors, cause we don't fly the flags in rough weather," Judd ordered, pointing at Mateo.

"Well, why me? I got the salad?" Mateo questioned.

"Cause you're the probie," The others informed him.

When they finally sat down to eat, Captain Strand finally made it downstairs into the kitchen. He inspects the pot on the stove before walking over to the table.

"Impeccable timing, Cap. You want me to fox you a plate?" Judd asked.

"Oh, no, no. I'm good," Owen replied, taking a seat at the head of the table.

"Aw, hell, no, Cap. You're not about to do my rigatoni like that. Man, it is halal, gluten-free, nitrate-free, because y'all are the hardest bunch of people to cook for," Paul complained.

"That's okay. I got a burger in the way in," Cap replied.

"You eat burgers?" Marjan asked. TK passes the salad bowl over to Adrienne.

"Seriously, I haven't seen you eat a burger since Derek Jeter retired," TK commented.

"Yeah, I passed a place, and it looked good so I went in," Owen replied.