𝟮𝟱

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥"𝖳𝖧𝖨𝖲 𝖫𝖨𝖥𝖤 𝖶𝖤 𝖢𝖧𝖮𝖮𝖲𝖤"

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥
"𝖳𝖧𝖨𝖲 𝖫𝖨𝖥𝖤 𝖶𝖤 𝖢𝖧𝖮𝖮𝖲𝖤"

"𝗔ll right, everyone, as close and as tight to the truck as you can be," Buck ordered, ushering kids and teachers to the truck. Adrienne pushed the children in front of her closer to the truck.

"Teacher spotted it out there after recess.
Nobody claimed it," Athena says, referring to a red backpack in the playground.

"Yeah, but it's not a package. I thought this guy sent his bombs through the mail," Buck added.

"Maybe he changed his M. O.," Chimney suggested.

"Or inspired some other crazy," Athena says. Allowing the bomb squad to do their job, Adrienne ushered the children who peeked their heads out back into position. Buck and Adrienne lowered the kids and teachers down so they wouldn't get debris in their eyes.

"All units, be advised! Fire in the hole!"

"Three.. two.. one—"

The bag then blew up. The kids started to move forward to try to see what happened.

"Hey, guys, stay back," Adrienne instructed.

"Substance appears to be some kind of... grayish paste."

"It's tuna fish!" A little girl said. The 118 team, plus Athena, turned to the little girl. One of the teachers leaned down to the girl's level.

"Emily. Was that your lunch?" The teacher asked.

"Yes," Emily, the little girl, replied.

"Why didn't you say something?" Athena asked.

"I don't like tuna fish. Am I under arrest?"

After Adrienne gave a stern talking to Emily, she joined her team members as they went back to the trucks.

"These false alarms are almost more nerve-wracking than the real thing," Chimney scoffed.

"Don't even think that," Hen says.

"Maybe the whole thing is a false alarm," Buck says, "Maybe it's over."

"Maybe," Adrienne sighed. Little did they know... it was far from being over.