𝟲

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗜𝗫"𝖥𝖱𝖨𝖤𝖭𝖣𝖲 𝖫𝖨𝖪𝖤 𝖳𝖧𝖤𝖲𝖤"

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗜𝗫
"𝖥𝖱𝖨𝖤𝖭𝖣𝖲 𝖫𝖨𝖪𝖤 𝖳𝖧𝖤𝖲𝖤"

𝗣robie, Mateo's, written exam was this week and Adrienne was going to do the best she could to help him out. As soon as she stepped foot in the station, Adrienne was called into the Captain's office.

"What'd I do this time, Cap?" Adrienne asked. She'd never been called into the office before, so it was either a good thing or a bad thing.

"Screw up? Why would you ever say that?" Owen questioned.

"You called me into your office just as I walked in. I know I did something, Cap," Adrienne replied.

"Relax, you're not in trouble," Owen reassured, "Probie is. His academy exam's coming up."

"I heard. Marjan told me he was like a walking tension headache last night," Adrienne says. She leans back into her seat and crosses her arms.

"I want you and Marjan to be his study buddies, on-shift, off-shift, round the clock, till he takes that test."

"I already have. I invited him over to my apartment so he can have a quiet place to study."

"Chavez is severely dyslexic. I had him tested when I hired him," Owen explained, "But thanks to the Americans With Disabilities Act, now the department has to let him take it orally."

"That's a good thing, right?" Adrienne asked.

"He still has 300 pages of material to get through. It's his last shot. He fails this time, he's out for good," Owen replied.

Adrienne and Marjan each held a stack of books in their hands. They both had the idea to possibly help Mateo study even more for his test. The two women were going to have the other members of the 126 fire house help out.

They walk up to find Judd and TK playing foosball, and Paul reading a book. Judd and TK were arguing over their game and somehow dragged Paul into it.

"Okay, you guys are calling it," Adrienne says to calm them down. Marjan gestured to the stack of books in both of their hands.

"Everybody come take one of these," Marjan says. Judd took a seat on the couch.

"What, that's the Austin FD Academy Manual?" Judd asked, "No. I memorized that chapter and verse when I was 18."

"This ain't a refresher. It's for the probie. He has his final academy exam coming up, so everybody has some reading to do," Marjan says.

"And what are we gonna do? Teach him by osmosis? Besides, I just started this book," Paul replied. Adrienne walks over to her brother and snatched the book out of his hands.