𝟓𝟕. a singular man

WHITE FLAG

chapter fifty-seven : a singular man
{ season four - episode eight }

chapter fifty-seven : a singular man{ season four - episode eight }

"WHY ARE YOU still in here with me, Klo?" Glenn raspily asked his wife, who never left his side. Not once. Just like how he never left hers, she couldn't take her eyes off him.

The last time she took her eyes off him, he almost died. Perhaps that's just what fate had for them. If one was away from the other, then that person would suffer with something.

"Because I am not leaving your side," Kloe stated firmly, still holding her husband's hand, who held hers weakly. "You should be over this by tomorrow, though. If it works out the same as it did for me."

"Hopefully," he chuckled weakly, flashing her a true smile. "We could use a vacation."

Kloe grinned widely, "Yeah. Definitely." She no longer had the virus that Glenn still had, being the first person to actually recover from it. She had every chance to leave the hell-like building, but she just could not leave him to deal with the death around him by himself.

"You know," he started, "I think our anniversary is coming up."

Kloe's brows raised, knowing full well that their anniversary was a long time away yet. "In about another seven months, yeah."

Glenn furrowed his brows, puzzled, "But it's August?"

"No, Glenn," she laughed, "It's January. I think whatever Bob put in your veins is getting to your head. You're getting ahead of yourself." The smile never left her, still laughing at her husband who began to laugh himself

"Oh."

"But yeah, I guess it will be soon. Seven months will fly by as quick as light travels," Kloe said in a soft tone, glancing down at her wedding ring on her finger that rested on her thigh.

"I think I'm the luckiest man alive to be married to you," Glenn commented, noticing her watching her wedding ring. She looked back up at him, a wide smile plastering her lips. He raised his free hand, poking one of her dimples.

Kloe leaned forward, pressing her lips against his forehead. She pulled away, still staying inches away from his face as he watched her with warm eyes. "I'm gonna get you water."

"I can get it-"

"I know," she interjected, leaning back. "But I'm going to get it. End of discussion." She let go of his hand, rising to her feet effortlessly. "I'll be back."

Glenn smiled at her as she walked away, glad that she didn't have to suffer anymore. She could move freely without struggling. She could breathe properly without having to use her inhaler repeatedly. She could be normal again. Now she was waiting for his turn to be normal again.