Chapter One

The guild Ains Ooal Gown stood at the top of Yggdrasil's guild rankings. It maintained this spot even up until the last days the game was on. Currently, that guild only had three members left gathered around a table.

Herohero:Man I can't believe not only the great tomb of Nazarick but also the ruined castle. Of course, I shouldn't be surprised with you brothers in charge.

Momonga:Of course, this is the guild we worked to build together.

Sigurd:Duh dude it is my castle like I would let anything happen to it.

They laughed before starting to talk about their time playing the game. The fun went on until Herohero said he needed to log off and get ready for work. Once he was gone Momonga still had his hand up waving goodbye. Finally, he slammed the table in anger and frustration. Sigurd just sat quietly as his brother complained about building the tomb with blood sweat and tears.

Momonga:Sigh sorry about that Sig I got emotional there.

Sigurd:Don't worry about it bro I know this guild meant a lot to you. Still, just think of it this way there is bound to be a squeal. This game is too big a cash cow for there not to be.

       Momonga laughed at his brother who always seemed to be able to make him laugh somehow. It has been twelve years since he first started playing. At first, he was always hunted down for playing as a heteromorphic race. Then just when he was about to quit he met with the man that became one of his closest friends. Later they found other players like them and created a clan. Excited about the game again Momonga begged his brother to join.

Sigurd:Well bro as much as I would like to spend the last minutes of the game with you. I have got to go after all I have a bunch of beautiful waiting for me.

Momonga:Alright catch you later Sig.

        After saying goodbye Sigurd used the teleportation circle in Nazarick to go back to the Ruined Palace. In a flash of light, he appeared in a grand palace hall. It looked like a castle straight from a gothic fantasy game.
(Pov Sigurd)

        I can't believe Yggdrasil is coming to an end after years of running. When I first joined the game there was a part of me that didn't take it seriously. It was only after I got started did I get addicted to it. It even got to the point that I spent every moment off work online.

         Eventually, I got my hands on this dungeon with the help of my brother. I continued walking there the halls with maids here and there. At last, I came to a massive pair of doors. Opening the doors revealed a beautiful throne room decorated with black, gold, and silver. I nostalgically looked at the armor lined up on my way to the throne. Standing beside it were five women each with unique traits.

Sigurd:Who would have thought that only five zone bosses and a few territory bosses would be enough?

      When I was designing the place my brother recommended I step up a few more just in case. Guess this is the benefit of choosing quality over quantity. As for the maids they were free with the castle. As I wrapped my thoughts I already made it to the throne. Wanted my last few moments in the game to be filled with reminiscing, so I sat down as I would when dealing with intruders. Then I pulled out the sword of ruin my best weapon.

Sigurd:It was a fun couple of years truly.

        I watched the counter going down as I smiled remembering the good times. Now that I think about I should get some sleep before work. My eyes grew heavy as the counter went down until I finally fell asleep. Not sure how long it has been since I fell asleep I opened my eyes. Surprisingly I was still logged in.

Sigurd:Did they push back the server shutdown? Whatever guess I log out and get some sleep.

       Saying that I tried to open my menu but weirdly nothing happened. Slightly panicked I then tried to message one of the GMs but again nothing. By this point, I felt like crying.

Sigurd:What's going on not only can I not open my menu or contact the GM either.

???:Master is there something bothering you?

        My body stiffened at the voice that came out of nowhere. Slowly I turned my head toward the voice. The things I could find were the zone guardians. The girls were still standing where they were before I went to sleep.

Sigurd:I guess that voice just now wouldn't be one of you right?

???:Of course, my master who else could it have been but one of us?

Sigurd:Tiamat

          I stared at the woman that originally was a lifeless NPC who could only obey orders. She had a worried look on her face which made me feel bad.

Sigurd:Sorry I did not mean to worry you it is just I can't contact someone.

Tiamat:if that is the case my lord then you only need to ask and we shall fix it.

        Seeing her not only talking but even moving around stunned me. The others were also making different expressions. I started to realize this is probably no longer a game but I needed to make sure. I especially needed to see if they were still loyal to me.

Sigurd:Bella I need you to go out and confirm the surroundings of the palace.

Belladonna:As you wish my lord.

            As soon as she finished speaking those words she vanished like a ninja in anime. Seeing her still following my orders made me a little confident. I turned to the others.

Sigurd:I will also need everyone to survey their respective zones before meeting me back here. Oh yeah, Sarah takes over for your sister, please.

         My orders were given everyone went to carry them out with only minimal complaining from Sarah. Now the only ones left in the throne room were Tiamat and me. Since the others left I decided to confirm something else.

Sigurd:Tiamat I was wondering if it is okay to touch you.

Tiamat:Of course my lord this body is to do as you wish with.

       For now, we will ignore that comment and focus on far more important things. Grabbing her wrist I checked to see if she had a pulse.  Surprisingly or maybe not there was one and she was warm. Now that was out of the way I guess it is time to take things further.

Sigurd:I-I will now touch your chest.

      Taking her silence as permission I groped like it was my job. Yet again I received confirmation she is alive. Proving once and for all this is not a dream I became my avatar. My groping session went on until my dambass realized what I was doing.

Sigurd:Sorry I was lost in thought.

Tiamat:It is fine my lord does this mean you wish to take me now or perhaps would you rather we do it later?

       It took a minute but somehow I calmed her down. Sighing she left to complete her task leaving me alone to think.