Chapter 21

(Pov Sigurd)
After sending a peaceful day with my lovely girls in Carne village it was time to work. Since I am going to marry the queen of the Dragon kingdom I needed to prepare a few things. One of which was to let my existence as her fiance known. On top of that, I had to help her deal with some other political issues. One of which was a visit to another nation as an ambassador. Interestingly it was a mission in the kingdom of Re-Estize. She wanted me to go there to discuss the matter of the alliance between our nations.

Apparently, she no longer needed their support thanks to my help with Beastman Country. Fearing that Re-Estize would take that we will become a threat. She decided it would help if we form a true alliance. As for how I will go about that she said it is completely in my hands. Regardless I had to make the trip so had her hire some Adamantite adventurers. This brings us back to the current moment with me riding on a chariot. Riding with me were the adventurers that I had hired to guard me.

Sigurd:So ladies why don't you tell me about yourself?

Lakyus:There is nothing need to concern yourself with us.

Sigurd:Sorry I was only asking because I was curious about you all

Gagaran:Really you sure it's not an attempt to hit on us?

Sigurd:Can't deny that.

The two of us broke out into laughter earning an eye roll from the others. During our journey Gagaran and I hit it off due to our similar personalities. The others were also interesting and attractive at the same time. To be honest I wanted them for myself as additions to my hoard. I never imagined that after sleeping with Semiramis my desires would constantly rise.

Gagaran:By the way I heard you are as strong as any one of us so why would you need bodyguards?

This time before I could speak Tiamat already answered.

Tiamat:My lord is a dragon as such he has quite the temper. If he were to move against bandits the landscape would likely change.

Evileye:You are saying he is a dragon?

Sigurd:She isn't lying I am a dragon however unlike most that are largely lazy I like to move around

Tia:I see guess we would be doing an important job then.

Evileye:By the way if that is the case then why did you request our party specifically?

I pause for a moment to thank about how I should answer that question. Eventually, I decided to go with the truth.

Sigurd:As a dragon, I am greedy and often possessive. Therefore I hate it when people look at what is mine with desire in their eyes. Tiamat is my woman as well as my servant so if some bastard looked at her lustfully I would burn him alive.

While I was saying that I faced my palm upward and created a Crimson flame on it. The temperature in the carriage did not change but the girls still started to sweat. I stopped a few seconds later allowing them to relax. There was a look of slight fear in their eyes when they looked at me. Smiling I remained quiet allowing them to have a moment with their thoughts.

( Pov Lakyus)
   When we took this job our group was reluctant at first but Renner convinced me to do it. With a lot of complaints from my party members, we headed for the Dragon Kingdom. The man we are supposed to be protecting is the fiancee of the Queen so I expect some spoiled noble. However, what stood in front of me was a man whose body radiated a powerful aura of war.

Sigurd:Good morning Ladies of Blue Rose it is an honor to meet you. As you already know my name is Sigurd Ooal Gown.

    As we were traveling Sigurd changed my perspective on him completely. Not only is he straightforward and honest but also fairly handsome. It was later I found out that he truly is a dragon and that flame of his. I have to say that Flame was terrifying. It was even Crimson red, unlike any other flame I have seen before. Beyond that, I could tell it is beyond destructive. After he showed the flame nobody said anything else.

   Before I knew what had happened we arrived at the palace and were having an audience with the king. We were going to leave but Sigurd asked us to stay with a smile. The following etiquette we were kneeling and when I say we I mean my party. Sigurd and Tiamat on the other hand were standing with their head held up.

Noble:You may be the fiancee of the dragon queen doesn't mean you can act arrogantly.

Tiamat:You humans may think wearing a crown is enough to be a king however for a dragon the requirement is high.

        As she said that I could feel the presence around her change. From the usual calm beauty, we saw on our journey to a terrifying beast. I have only ever felt this feeling when I face an angry dragon. Everyone except for Sigurd was having trouble breathing from fear. Just when we were about to pass out Sigurd stopped her.

Sigurd:Alright Tiamat that is enough we need to show respect to our hosts.

King Ramposa: I must say the rumors about you being an arrogant man were quite wrong.

Sigurd:I of course have my pride it is just I also understand the need to be respectful in another's home.

           The both of them silently stared at each other before moving on to another room for their talks.