Chapter 4

We are currently gathered in the village chief's house with Gazef discussing our situation. As it stood we were outnumbered by a lot. The chief warrior only brought with him 20 soldiers meaning it was 10 to 1. Normally I would just go out and stomp some bitches but my brother stopped me. I guess he wants to use Gazef to gauge the power scaling in this world.

            Logically speaking his choice made perfect sense but for some reason, it pissed me off. This feeling of hurt pride was not one I ever wanted to feel again. Thinking back I also didn't feel anything when I killed those guys earlier. Maybe my avatar's race is affecting like how my brother's emotions are suppressed. Regardless I can only watch to see how much it affects me.

Gazef:As it stands the only choice left to us is I serve as bait. My troops and I will pull the enemy's attention while you focus on evacuating the villagers.

Ains:I see your plan can work however I have a better one.

        My brother paused briefly for dramatic effect.

Ains:I will remain in the village as a last line while my brother joins you in facing them.

        Gazef struggled for a moment probably thinking about whether or not he should agree. As a man of the military the idea of getting civilians involved, regardless of how strong, was most likely not something he supports. I can kind of see where he is coming from so I gave him an out.

Sigurd:Look I know that this is arguably a problem of the military but I ask you to let me join in. You see the girl I fell for was hurt by these bastards so no matter your response I will join.

           That's right ladies and gents I went with the oldest story in the books. A young man in love burns to get revenge for the one he loves. To be honest even I doubt myself let alone Gazef. However, he took the olive branch I gave him.

Gazef:Alright you can help however I ask that you not join the fighting directly unless it is necessary.

Sigurd:Deal

             Finally, after getting him to agree to it we got ready to leave. Since everyone else had a horse I summoned my mount from in-game or at least one of them. The one I picked was the weakest I had so it would cause a stir. Too bad I didn't know how fucked my common sense was. My mount was a horned Leo a lion with horns to the side of its head. Its white fur seemed to radiate a holy aura that would make one knee.

             Everyone one of the soldiers was in awe while a brave one tried to touch it

             Everyone one of the soldiers was in awe while a brave one tried to touch it. Since it was a proud lion the man's hand almost got bitten off.

Gazef:Alright men that is enough staring we all know it will never be ours so hurry up and get ready. Sorry for my soldier's rudeness, he will be punished later.

Sigurd:Relax it's all good this guy I guess when appearance comes in this guy is pretty majestic.

             While I said that I hopped on Toramaru's back and we rode off. As we left my brother told me to only move if the situation was dire otherwise wait for him.
(Pov Gazef)

               Riding into battle against a force at least 5 times greater than my own had me thinking. I was originally born into a family living in a poor village. It was later discovered I had talent with the sword so they sent me to study under a skilled sword master. It was not long before I found myself becoming a knight. As time went by I improved my skills until I finally reached the rank of chief warrior.

               My life has until this point been a constant uphill battle even now the odds are not in my favor. No matter I will not give up and push forward like I always do.

???:Well we'll well look who it is the great and powerful chief warrior Gazef Stronoff.

Gazef:I know imagine my surprise to see the theocracy's murderous priest.

              The man in question was a former criminal who was wanted in Re-Estize but fled to the theocracy to get protection. Although I am not sure why he ended up becoming a priest and joined the sunlight scripture. Just as the reports said there were 100 of them however it looks like most of them were magic casters. If we can close the distance then we might have a chance at least that is what I thought.

                  Bright light fleshed as they summoned ten beings with wings made of light. My troops were surprised and confused by the arrival of the creature. Even I felt a little nervous to be facing them. If my memory serves me correctly then those should be the angels that the theocracy worships.

Murder:Hahaha what's wrong Gazef could it be that you are afraid?

                I listened as his annoying laughter filled the air. Just when I was going to snap one of the so-called angels got split down the middle.

Sigurd:Relax Gazef you only need to fight if things go south I will take care of it.

                His words reassured me that even if I were to fall there would be two that can protect the village. Drawing my sword I gave a battle cry that filled my men with confidence. Not hesitating we leaped into battle. While my troop faced the enemy soldiers I squared off against the angels. My first attack only cut a mid-way through before it started to heal. Seeing my blade stuck I used extra force to fling it back.

          Before I could catch my breath more surrounded me. Pushed into a corner I used my martial arts rotating slash. Clearing out four of them unfortunately he didn't notice the one behind me. Once it stabbed my two others joined in.

Murder:Hahaha I told you Gazef you will die today but the good news is you won't be going alone. I promise to take kill even a single one of those villagers.

           I let out a shout preparing to die fighting. Before I could recklessly charge forward I felt a hand on my shoulder.

Sigurd:Whoa there killer you had your turn now it's my turn.

             Next thing I knew my surroundings changed to a storage room filled with villagers.

Gazef:Wha...

Village chief:Lord Gazef  I am not sure what happened originally lord Ains was standing there. Then he suddenly vanished and appeared. Before he left lord Ains said he needed to babysit his brother.

             Exhausted I flopped on my back while laughing.