Chapter 5

(Pov Third)

Standing opposite each other were two groups. On one side was the theocracy's army mixed with human soldiers and summoned angels. On the other side were the lords of the great tomb of Nazarick and the ruined palace. Let's also not forget their beautiful followers. The fight is absurdly unfair for the theocracy soldiers that is.

Ains:Good evening, gentlemen. I am the magic caster Ains Ooal Gown, and this is my brother Sig.

Murder:I get you magic casters and get cocky because of the attention you receive, but do you think it is possible to win.

As if those words were the straw that broke the camel's back, a terrorizing aura burst from Sigurd's body. More than half of the soldiers fell to the ground dead. Their so-called leader even wet his pants in fear. In front of them was nothing a knight in black armor but a ravenous beast.

Deadman:D. Don't get arrogant. We still have our angels.

Waving his hand as a signal, the angels charged Sigurd. They didn't get far before his mount pressed them into the ground. The angels struggled to get up. However, the lion didn't move even slightly. When Sigurd's mount got fed up with their struggle, it crushed them.
The squadron leader got even more nervous than before. Just his mount is this strong, then how powerful is the man who tamed it is

Being the most desperate he has ever been, the leader ordered all of the remaining angels to attack at the same time. Unfazed, the older brother raised his hand, releasing a pulse of darkness with him as the center. The angels were instantly erased leaving everyone except the four shocked. Panic settled among the soldiers as they desperately throw attack spells.

Even more terrifying was their attacks changed directions from the masked man to the knight. Without moving he took every attack as if it were nothing. One especially afraid soldier shot a rock at him. Sigurd simply reached his hand out catching it to the soldier's dismay. He then proceeded to grind it into a fine powder with his hand.

Sigurd:Now you managed to piss me off, even more, this time. Did you truly believe this tiny pebble would do anything to me?

Sigurd's aura intensified to another level making them foam from the mouth. It was at that moment the leader remembered the item he was given before leaving for his mission. Shacking he pulled out summoning that store at least 10th-tier magic. Both brothers were shocked as they prepared their defenses. Ains had Albedo protect him with her skill and Sigurd pulled a shield from his inventory.

Deadman:That's right you heretics cower before the mightiest angel. Come forth Dominion Authority.

A light flashed as an angel that was bigger and with more wings than the others. Sigurd and Ains froze after seeing what angel was summoned. The younger brother's shoulders trembled to give our poor villain hope.

Fool:Ha that right tremble in fear against the mightiest...

Sigurd:HAHAHA you can't be fucking serious with all that suspense only to summon such a weak angel.

The leader opened his mouth to speak but was stopped when Sigurd pulled out his swords.

Sigurd:Bye-bye little birdy. One thousand demonic cuts.
(Pov Ains Ooal Gown)

I watched as my brother hacked the sunlight scripture's so-called most powerful angel. If this was Yggdrasil then they just wasted a powerful summoning crystal on a med-tier angel. They mean supposed to be the enemy but even I felt a little pity for them. Just imagining having a powerful trump card only to find out it was useless.

Still, my brother truly went for overkill this time. The skill he used One thousand demonic cuts was made to kill angels, especially high-tier ones. It works by covering his sword with negative energy. This either slowly or negates an angel's ability to recover. The next part of his skill was a flurry of slashes. In short, the skill stops them from healing while dealing a crap ton of damage.

Since the angel was cleaned up it was time to move on. Before I could say anything the leader started to beg for his life. The coward even tried to sacrifice his men's lives in exchange for his. My brother was visibly mad at the commander's shamelessness. I also felt disgusted he would betray his comrades so easily. Such actions need to be punished so I had Albedo and Tiamat kill the other soldiers while leaving the coward.

This little adventure outside was arguably quite fruitful. Not only was I able to get research subjects but even got some info about the world. Better yet we got a powerful person from a kingdom to owe us. If you ask me then it was a total success. Another benefit was getting a better understanding of these new bodies of ours. In the case of my brother, he now has a dragon's pride and temper. Sebas my butler is similar it is only thanks to monk and ki master classes he can control himself.

Finished with the battlefield we head back to Carne village. Along the way, Albedo couldn't resist asking Sig why he helped Gazef.

Albedo:I do not get why waste time helping these lower lifeforms.

Sigurd: My answer is simple Albedo it is because I was moved by his will as a knight. Remember this I believe any can fight as long as they believe they can win. However, only a true warrior still fights in the face of certain death.

As I listened memories of when we were little flashed through my head. For as long as I can remember he would always love to hear about heroes facing impossible odds. By the time we made it back to the village I was already out of my reminiscing. The villagers were beyond grateful for us saving them so they asked to join them in honoring their dead.

While we watched the villagers crying over the Graves of their friends and family a thought occurred to me. I could easily revive everyone but was torn by the possible consequences. So I asked Sig if I should do it or not.

Sigurd:No we should let the dead lay for today besides if they found out we and revive anyone. It would likely make us a greater threat.
.
I guess he was right since we don't know what the strongest being in the world is. It could be a foe we can't defeat that would place Nazarick and the palace in danger.