Chapter 22

(Pov Sigurd)
My meeting with the king of Re-Estize went without a hitch well excluding Tia's outburst. Besides that, our talk was successful in forging a new alliance. Since I wanted to take a look around town the ladies of Blue Rose offered to take me. I have to say the city was a quite bit more lively than E-Rantel. We even checked out the capital's adventurers guild. Feeling bored I snuck off on my own to look for some trouble.

For that reason, I changed out my armor for the Blood Dragon set. It is a suit of dark silver armor with a red dragon on the chest area. As for my weapon, I used a Lance that I haven't used for some time. To be honest it was a mana sink so use I was trying to deal massive damage I hardly use it. The main body of the Lance was wrapped in a red ornate cloth. With my gear, I should have stood out but most people decided to ignore me. Probably thanks to the giant ass lance on my back.

While I was walking sounds coming from a nearby ally drew my attention so I went to look

While I was walking sounds coming from a nearby ally drew my attention so I went to look. In the ally, I found a badly beaten girl and Sebas confronting a man. One look was all it took for me to understand this girl was most likely a slave. Feeling sorry for her I walked up to her to help. When I was close enough I could smell traces of a certain white liquid. The disgust I feel right now couldn't be measured in words.

 The disgust I feel right now couldn't be measured in words

Asshole:Hey who the hell are you.

Sigurd:Well that depends on the next words that come out of your mouth. Did you do this to her or are you just someone's dog?

As those words left my mouth a bit of my killing intent leaked out. The scumbag opened and closed his mouth struggling to breathe. Just when he was about to faint someone called out to me from behind me.

Sebas:Lord Sigurd I am surprised to see you in a place like this.

Facing Sebas a little bit of my killing intent vanished. Remembering Touch I sighed before throwing the fucker one of my scales. In terms of value one scale to afford to feed a commoner family for a year. In a way, he lucked out so I didn't feel guilty about my next sentence.

Sigurd:So this is what we are going to do I will be taking the girl. While you are going to take that scale to the mage association and then leave town.

Without giving him time to respond I turned around leaving with the girl in my arms and Sebas following behind me. I walked for a while before handing her to Sebas and telling him to take care of her for now. After seeing them off I went back to the class ready to be scolded by my beautiful bodyguards.

(Pov Climb)
   Following my usual training regimen I woke up before the sun rose and started doing practice swings. My mind is on the envoy from the Dragon Kingdom. Even now I could feel the terrifying aura from that woman Tiamat. Scarier still is how casually her master was standing next to her. If I had to guess then he is just as strong if not stronger than she is. Since that is the case I decided to try to get stronger even if only a little. As I was swinging the wooden sword in my hands I could hear a set of footsteps approaching.

 As I was swinging the wooden sword in my hands I could hear a set of footsteps approaching

Sigurd:I see then this is where the royal guards train.

Gazef:That is right lord Sig we mostly have them train separately.

        Looking over to the side where the voices originated from I saw Sir Gazef with Lord Sigurd. Unlike yesterday he was a robe with a strange design and some kind of characters on the back. I took a breath hoping to hide my fear of him as I bowed.

Climb:Your lordship it is my honor to see the both of you so early.

Sigurd:Relax kid no need for all of the formalities I prefer if you acted a little more casual. At the very least do it in no official situations like this. By the way, hope you don't take this the wrong way but I saw you earlier.

          As he said that I felt nervous thinking he was going to mock me Luke so many others. However, to my surprise, he pulled a strangely shaped wooden sword out of nowhere. He took a few test swings generating a small gust of wind as he did.

Sigurd:While I respect working hard on your own you should still have some guide you occasionally.

Gazef:Lord Sigurd I do not believe it is appropriate for you to spar the princess's knight.

Sigurd:Relax it's not like I am planning on humiliating him. My goal is to help him improve the flaws I saw in his swordsmanship.

          Seeing he could convince Lord Sigurd Sir Gazef allowed us to spar. I faced him with my heart pounding in my chest. A slight fear caused me to hesitate the more I stared at him. Finally unable to endure any more I tightened my grip and dash at him. He still maintained his smile while he parry my blade. Due to my forward momentum, I fell forward as he pointed his blade at my neck.

Sigurd:Listen Climb with fighting an opponent you know nothing about nothing rush fully. Rather set your own pace while slowly drawing information out.

        After saying that he pulled back his blade before stepping back. Once again he took an open stance in front of me. I stared at him briefly before a deep breath and attacking again. This time I followed his advice trading blows with him looking for an opening.

Sigurd:Another important thing to remember is to as through in faints making it hard to predict your next move.

        We continued sparing with him giving me advice. I must admit my lack of talent for once didn't get in my way allowing a great deal of improvement. About an hour later sparing we had to call it a day since I had my duties to attend to