Chapter three

My brother and I talked about how we will move forward and what our next move is. The main focus of our talk was how to keep our charades going. He had to come off as a supreme ruler that is perfect. While I am stuck being a fuck boy. When Yggdrasil was just a game it was fine since it was an act I could drop whenever. Now my life likely depends on it.

Sigurd:What the hell was I thinking a fuck boy swordsman would be cool.

Momonga:I did warn though not that I can judge since I have to act like some chunni.

         We signed before deciding to shift gears by getting some rest. The next morning I was in my office listening to reports from the zones. So far everything is running smoothly. If anything was a problem then it would be the fact we have no idea where we are. I considered sending Belladonna out to see if there are any towns nearby. The only thing stopping me was I didn't even know which direction should she go.

Sigurd:Tia do you think our scouts will be able to get a feel for the area without alerting the locals?

Tiamat:Last time I checked Lucien's pack has five more pups that reached maturity. This could be a good opportunity for them to gain experience.

         I thought briefly before telling her to get it done. Just in case I also ordered a retreat if something went wrong. Now with that done, I can move on to the matter of dealing with something else. As if by divine provenance I received a message from my brother. He had found a village in need of help and wanted me to back him up. Since there was nothing better to do I went bringing Tiamat with me.
(Pov ???)

          The day had started like any other with me helping my mother around the house and Nemu acting spoiled. Life in the village was simple; at times boring but it was peaceful. That was until we got attacked by a group of unknown soldiers. I had to watch as my father and mother were murdered. With no other choice, I grabbed Nemu and ran to the wise king's forest.

          Nemu cried in my arms as I sprinted praying we could get away. As if the world wanted me to suffer a group of soldiers chased me. It didn't take long for me to start getting tired and one got close enough to get a cut. It hurts so bad I fell. Desperate I held Nemu using my body to shield her.

          When the pain I was expecting did not come I looked up to see a strange portal. From it came four people walking out. The first two were women one wearing black armor and the other wearing white. Behind them was a skeleton dressed as a spellcaster from stories. The other was a man clad in black armor with gold trim. He remained me of a fairy my mother read me as a child.

Sigurd:Tsk tsk boys how could be so rude to a lady? As knights, you be protecting them rather than cutting their backs open

          As he spoke the knight was already in front of me. I notice the massive sword that was somehow attached to his back. It was not flashy or anything at least not when compared to the armor he was using. Before they could say anything the soldiers' heads were sent flying. Leaving one that managed luckily and fell.

Momonga:Now now my dear brother it looks like you missed one could it be you have gone rusty?

Sigurd:Yeah yeah say whatever you want the worm only lived cause he got lucky is all.

           The skeleton didn't reply and simply raised his hand before clinching it. Without being touched the soldier fell to the ground dead.

Sigurd:As always grasp heart is ridiculous.

           As he said that the knight squat down to get at eye level with me. Meanwhile, in the background, his brother summoned a skeletal warrior with a giant shield. The warrior was then sent to hunt any other soldiers in the village. As for the knight he reached his hand into a portal and pulled out a bottle of red liquid.

Sigurd:Drink this.

Enri:Okay I will just please do not hurt my little sister.

Nemu:Wait sis don't.

           Nemu tried to stop me while his female companions grew angry. He on the other hand broke out into a hearty laugh. Before speaking he removed his helmet to reveal one of the most handsome men I have ever seen.

Sigurd:It is okay little my brother may be a scary skeleton but I am a handsome hero.

Nemu:Really

Sigurd:Of course, the red stuff is a healing potion to help your sister.

           Seeing he earn Nemu's trust I felt it only appropriate to have faith. Once I drank the liquid the pain in my back vanished. When I looked back the cut had completely healed. Not sure what to do I stared into his eyes trying to understand what happened. He just smiled standing up.

Sigurd:Not bad right I'm not a healer so I usually carry plenty.

          As I stared at his bright smile I could feel my face getting warm. I did get a chance to continue talking to him before then walked away. The skeleton before leaving left me with two horns that can summon goblins. He also created a barrier of green light around us for protection.

Nemu:Hey sis do you think the handsome man will be able to beat up all the bad guys?

Enri:I'm not sure we can only hope he can.

(Pov Sigurd)

           After perfectly playing the hero saving the beauty we headed for the village. By the time we made it there the death knight already cleared out the soldiers. My brother wearing a mask and gauntlets to hide the fact he was a 6ft skeleton man was talking to the village chief. I was off to the side looking through the soldiers' bodies hoping to find something.

Tiamat:My lord there is no need to look through these mongrels' bodies.

Sigurd:We need information and I can't let you ladies dirty your hands.

            I went back to look it wasn't long before I found something. It was some kind of religious pendant. My search came to an end when a group of knights riding horses reach the village. Their leader was a grizzled middle-aged man. The village chief walked up with my brother while he stared at me.

Knight leader:I am the chief warrior of the Re-Estize Gazef Stronoff.

Momonga:It is a pleasure to meet you sir Gazef my name is Ains Ooal Gown and I am a magic caster.

Gazef:I see then what of your companions?

Ains:Apologies the male knight is my brother Sig. The women are our followers Albedo in black and Tiamat in white.

           Gazef ignored Albedo and Tiamt focusing fully on me. He only stopped staring at me when he received a report of a squadron of 100 soldiers from another country.