Chapter 23

(Pov Sigurd)
           After helping Climb improve his swordsmanship, I asked Gazef if I could look at the library. Luck was on my side since the king wanted to apologize for what happened in the throne room. I immediately looked through the books for more information about the world. I found out that the new world has had other players before. At least if what I was reading is accurate.
              Another thing I confirmed was there are more continents. For the most part, my current continent is not near another, so there shouldn't be visitors. Still, I need to be careful since I don't know if someone I can't beat is in another kingdom. My research was interrupted when someone joined me at my reading table. Putting my book down, I gazed into Renner.

Sigurd:Is there something I can help you with, princess?

Renner: I want to discuss your sparing session with Climb.

       The maid beside Renner showed a slight expression of disdain. I may not know him well, but I like Climb in a little brother way.

Sigurd:Apologies for overstepping. It's just I saw such an unpolished gem the compulsion to shine took over.

Renner:I see, then that is fine. To be honest, I wish to discuss a marriage between us.

Sigurd:Listen, Lady Renner, I wouldn't recommend it as a dragon. I am possessive. That is truer in the case of a woman like you.

         For a brief moment, I saw a Crack in her expression before it returned to normal. Putting two and two together, I realized what was going on. Glaring at the maid, I ordered her to leave, which she obeyed. Once she was gone, I used an item to create an illustration around us.

Sigurd:Princess, we are hidden1.1, so you don't need to put on a fake smile.

        As those words left, my mouth face quickly shifted from a smile to shock and then to a crazed smile. I admit this face was much better than Renner's fake one.

(Pov Princess Renner).

               This morning, I heard some maid gossiping about how the Dragon Kingdom's envoy was sparing with Climb. Everyone who attended about how Climb couldn't do anything against Sigurd used the chance to mock him. I was beyond angry at this, so I went to talk to Sigurd myself. The conversation went as expected until he ordered the maid accompanying me to leave. He then asked me to pretend no longer to smile, so I showed my true self.

                Honestly, I was used to people looking at me like some kind of a monster when I did. Sigurd, however, looked at me with an intense desire I am not used to. It was an entirely new feeling to come across. Even the look of admiration from Climb didn't make me feel like this. For the first time, I felt like an ordinary woman.

Sigurd:Princess Renner, I originally wanted to turn down your proposal, but that beautiful smile changed my mind. So let's do it like you and I announce our engagement. Afterward, I have a year to make your heart mine. If I fail, you win.

                The deal was quite tempting for several reasons. First, it can serve as a cover in case anyone else wishes to form a political relationship with the royal family. Second, it gives me more information if I play my cards right. Then there is my prize if I win. Sigurd promised to make Climb a noble of his nation or anything else I wanted.

Renner:I don't get this deal is highly profitable for me, but you hardly get anything.

Sigurd:My dear princess, that is where you are wrong. I get the greatest reward, which is your smile for me. Think about it and let me know later if you agree.

            Before I could say anything else, Sigurd vanished from the library. I was left alone to ponder our interaction as my cheeks heated up. While I was spiraling, I happened across Sigurd's companion, Tiamat.

Tiamat:Good evening, Princess. How are you doing?

           As I looked at the woman before me, an idea popped into my head: She knows Lord Sigurd well, so maybe she can help me understand.

(Pov third)
               Wanting to know more about Sigurd, Renner invited Tiamat to speak alone in her room. While this happened, Sigurd decided to check on the woman he had saved. Of course, he did another costume change since he had armor for days. Walking through the town, he acknowledged that the common folk lived decent lives. Taking a long way, Sigurd even swung by the slums, yet rarely saw homeless people.

             Although everything looked nice on the surface, Sigurd knew beneath it all was complete shit. Take the girl he saved before. She went through hell. He knew a king couldn't watch everything in a kingdom, but a part of him blamed the king of Re-Estize. While walking, Sigurd came across Sebas about to enter a building. Right when Sigurd called out to him, another voice sounded simultaneously.

Climb:Lord Sigurd Sebas, why are you both here?

Sigurd:I was walking and saw my old friend Sebas here.

          Sigurd told Sebas to pretend to be the butler who used to be his family before returning.

Climb:I see that explains Lord Sebas's strength. Still, I am glad you are both here.

Sigurd:I am OK with helping, but Sebas, you still haven't said why you are here.

           Hesitation appeared on Sebas's face as he thought about telling the truth. Finally, he decided to tell Sigurd what happened, causing his Dragon's fear to activate. With an anger unlike any other, Sigurd's face became colder than the most bottomless pit. After taking a deep breath, Sigurd got himself to calm down.

Sigurd:Apologies, I just don't like people messing with what is mine.

          Gulping, the men followed behind as he walked to the building. Not in his best mood, Sigurd pulled out his most potent weapon, Gram. Once the sword was out, its blade glowed with a neon-green light.