Chapter 12

(Pov Freed)

Later after our talk, Nfrea gathered everyone together to get herbs. For the most part, everything was pretty much uneventful. About an hour later my brother and I snuck off to make things a little more lively.

Ains:Now then let us discuss how to spread my glorious name.

Almost immediately after he said that there a figure popped up behind us. Nabrel startled and faced the figure while drawing her sword. However, before she could attack the poor maid realized who the target was.

Aura:Wow Nabrel you have only been gone a day but you are already attacking a guardian.

Nabrel(panicked):I am so sorry lady Aura I didn't know it was you.

The young dark elf just maintained her smile as Nabrel bowed to her repeatedly. Freya also found their interaction humorous.

Aura:Seriously I am so jealous you get to spend time with both lords Ains and Sigurd.

Freya:Now now little Aura right now master is Freed remember?

Momon:Alright that is enough playing around there is some business we need to see to.

My brother then asked Aura about the wise king of the forest. Knowing my brother he was probably planning on killing the wise king to get more famous. To be honest, the idea isn't that bad only problem I can see was Aura's reluctant expression. Her settings were to be interested in rare and unique animals. I guess this wise king managed to catch her eye. Still, her interest was worth less than her loyalty so she agreed.

He planned to have Aura lure it toward us so we can take care of it. She nodded her head before taking off to its nest. We quickly returned to the others so we would be ready for the show. A few seconds later a loud noise came from deeper in the forest. If I had to guess then I would say it is a roar.

Nfrea:Could that have been to Wise king of the forest?

Lukrut:Seeing as it made every beast in the area turn tail and run I would say your guess is right.

Saying that everyone quickly packed everything up and ran. We were running as fast as we could but the monster's roar seemed to only get closer. Finally, my brother and I decided to stop "running" to face the beast.

Peter:Are you guys sure about this I heard that even high-rank adventurers would have trouble fighting it.

Freed:Yeah but those adventurers aren't us we will handle it.

Ninya looked hesitant to leave but was convinced by the others. Nfrea wasn't worried about us at all and even asked us to not kill it. I guess her finding out the truth renewed her faith in our strength. Now back to the wise king of the forest who is a total ripoff. It may have been big but that was dwarfed by the fact it is a God damn hamster.

Hamster:Foolish human run when you had the chance you should have.

Great, it even talks like some warrior from the fuckin Heian period. My brother beside me was so disappointed and questioning the world. I mean from how everyone was acting I thought it would be some kind of chimera or abomination. The more I looked at the less fighting spirit I could muster.

While I was having an internal crisis my brother got reminded of the hamster that Chaguna had. The poor thing got excited thinking it can meet another of its kind. Too bad its potential mate wouldn't be big enough to do anything. My thoughts were interrupted when it took a swipe at us. My brother blocked the attack after I casually dodged it.

Hamster:It appears you're both quite the skilled warriors.

I admit my patience wore off annoyed by those words so I may have overreacted a little. Unintentionally I released some of my divinity which has a frightening effect. The hamster's fur stood on end as it fell over.

Ains:Wow Freed after talking about me you ended up losing your cool.

Freed:Hey it's not my fault I never meant to snap. I just could take its cocky tone anymore.

Feeling embarrassed my attention shifted to the hamster in a submission pose. A sigh escaped my lips just imagining how things are about to wound up. As if to prove my fears correctly the hamster swore loyalty to me. Since my brother wanted to prove we had defeated it I had to ride it back. I thought about switching back to Sigurd but I felt like it was a loss if I did so I rode it out.

When everyone saw Hamsuke they all started clamoring about how impressive it was. Their praise went into overdrive when it spoke. I struggled to hide my embarrassment until Nfrea brought up a problem. Hamsuke leaving could excite the other beasts putting Carne in danger.

Freed:I guess the only choice left is for me to summon something.

Saying that I used my summon fey spell. Since the beasts in the forest are weak I only summoned a 4th tier fey. A magic circle appeared on the ground releasing light. Soon the light vanished leaving a beautiful woman with green hair kneeling.

Lukrut:Seriously you are leaving the protection of the village to such a delicate flower.

His comment made not only my brother laugh but also Freya and Nabe as well. The dryad was instead smiling as if asking permission to miss with him. Not wanting him to cause problems when I can't save him I allowed it. Without even a second of hesitation, she walked in front of him and held up her palm. She then blows lightly sending dust at him. The idiot of course breathed them in allowing them to take effect.

Before they could understand what was going on Swords of darkness and Nfrea watched his eyes become unfocused.

Freed:In terms of raw combat abilities Dryads don't rank too high. However, they more than makeups for it with their abilities to charm and bewitch.

While I explained to everyone the Dryad had Lukrut acting like a chicken. I didn't want to say anything out loud but I felt sorry for him. Sensing my thoughts she released him from the spell leaving him confused.