Chapter 13

(Pov Freed)

         After ordering my Fey to keep watch of Carne village we headed back to E-Rantel. The journey back was even smoother thanks to Hamsuke scaring off weaker beasts. By the time we were back in town, the sun had begun to set. Since we had to register Hamsuke with the guild my brother and I decided to go for the divide-and-conquer route. After splitting up from my brother Nfrea lead us to her workshop.

              As we entered the first thing I noticed was the strained silence like something was about to happen. Too bad my bad feeling proved correct as there was a woman in the workshop. One look at her and I could easily tell she was a psycho. That being the case I stepped in front of Nfrea to make sure she is safe.

???:Well like at that we have a knight in shining armor trying to save the princess.

Freed:Okay how about we save some time and you just walk away?

           Since I wasn't in the mood to mess around I tried to give her an out. Unfortunately, she didn't appreciate my kindness and drew her weapon. As a sense player, my combat skills outranked most others. Even Touchme our best warrior had trouble taking me on. This woman in front of me was approaching Gazef's level. Too bad I am light-years ahead of him. Before the swords of darkness could react she already was trying to pierce my throat.

              I easily reacted in time by summoning my pact weapon to defend. She had a shocked expression seeing I could block her attack. If it were another person then that attack would have been lethal. From that one attack, I can tell she means to kill everyone here. Or at the very least most of us while leaving one or two alive.

???:Impressive I originally thought you were a magic caster so fighter close would be hard for you.

Freed:Now that's rude how could such a slow attack be hard to defend against?

         My words worked perfectly in pissing her off as she attacked me again. Before I knew we already exchanged at least a hundred blows without her landing a hit. Her frustration was written all over her face as she continued attacking. My fun was cut short however when her companion attacked the others. Taking advantage of my opening the woman knocked out Nfrea. She then took her and ran away.

           By the time I looked again, she had already escaped. Sighing I went to check on the others which were when I sensed it. A powerful explosion spell was placed under the building and about to go off. Since I moved too late there was only enough time to save Ninya. When the dust cleared the only thing left was everyone except Ninya's incomplete corpse.

Ninya:OH my God what was that?

Freed:That was the fourth-level magic corpse explosion they must have hidden some dead bodies here.

            Although I was trying to sound calm my rage was boiling just under the surface. I had to take a breath so I could maintain my calm. It may not have been long but they did start to feel like friends to me. Whoever those fuckers are I swear I will make them pay for this. While my mind was imagining my revenge an old woman came running up. With was my brother Nabe and Freya.

Ains:From the looks of things you have one hell of a story to tell.

           I then went over everything with my brother to discuss our next move. It was a pretty short conversation since Ezi Barare made an offer we just couldn't possibly refuse. With that out of the way, it was time to track our missing alchemist. Luckily my brother remembered a way of finding her that one of our guild members came up with. Turns out they were in a graveyard on the outskirts of the city.

(Pov third)

             On the wall separating the city from the graveyard, two guards were talking. It was the night which was normally the quietest shift. The most that usually happens is the stand-around complaining about how bored they were. Unfortunately, tonight wasn't going to be one of those nights. The sound of clattering bones filled the air as a swarm of undead came toward them.

Guard A:Go inform the reserves we will hold them off as long as we can.

              After giving her orders the captain turned to face the hoard. Once they were within range the guards attack the undead. Although they took out a decent number more came walking up. Eventually, they couldn't hold on any longer so the guard fell back. Just as they made it down a group of four people came walking up. At first, the captain was happy but that soon vanished when he realized they were copper plates.

Ains: Open the gate my comrades and I will handle the undead.

Guard Captain: Are you stupid there is a hoard of undead behind that gate. It is not something a copper plate can handle.

              Right as he said that a giant undead peaked over the wall. The man clad in black armor acted almost instantly and threw one of his swords. The blow easily took the giant by with just enough time for another one to form. This time the handsome youth moved to summon a strong ball of blood-red flames. Once it made contact with the massive undead it almost instantly turned to ash.

Freed:Well then gents my brother, me, and these beautiful ladies have a date with a hoard.

            Without waiting for the guard to say anything the adventurers jumped over the wall.