Chapter 25

(Pov Sigurd)
After killing every worthless piece of shit I could find, we all returned to our duties. Sebas returned to the Manson while I followed Climb to the royal palace. By the time we returned, the sun had already begun to set. My brother was sending a message just as I returned to my room. According to his message, we needed to help deal with a possible betrayal. Since I was worried about what happened without delay, I teleported to our meeting place.

He had me come to the mansion Sabas and Solution bought. I arrived just in time to see Sebas punching Tuareninya at full speed. Flashing in front of his fist, I blocked it with one hand, causing a shockwave.

Sigurd:I told you to care for her, so what the hell is going on?

Momonga:Apologies, Sig. I received a report saying Sebas took in a human, which caused so much trouble.

    I looked at the faithful butler, staying quiet as I sighed. Knowing how severe Sebas is with himself, I can guess what happened. Since I didn't say he could say anything, Sebas probably just brought her here. To protect the butler's loyalty, I explained everything to everyone else.

Momonga:I see, so this girl was someone you picked up, not Sebas.

Sigurd:Yeah, it's my fault. Sebas probably thought I didn't want anyone to know.

        Now, I hope you are wondering if I am mad at Sebas. The answer is a big no. After all, he and the Npcs of Nazarick focus more on my brother's orders. I then had Sebas take Tuare to her room while we discussed what to do with her.

Demiurge:Lord Sigurd, I understand you wish to have fun, but some ordinary human is unworthy of you. I think she should be a servant. My stockyard can use some more people.

Sebas:My lord, if you are no longer interested in her, why not have her work as a maid instead?

     My brother and I watched the two argue repeatedly, reminding us of the old days. Touch Me, and Ulbert were the same, arguing like it was second nature. My brother was the first to break out of his nostalgia. I soon joined him as we both broke out in laughter.

Cocytus:that is enough. You are in the presence of two Supreme beings.

Momonga:Do not worry about us. This situation was just a bit nostalgic.

Sigurd:Yeah, it reminded us of the old days with the others. Still, we need to discuss what we will do with Tuare. For now, she will work in Nazarick alongside Sebas.

Momonga:For now, how about we talk to the girl first? Sebas, bring Tuare here.

       Sebas bowed before leaving. A few seconds later, he returned with Tuare, who looked nervous.

Momonga:Alright then, Tuare, I will ask you some questions. You shouldn't lie and give unsatisfactory answers. First off, what is your name?

Tuare:My name is Tuareninya Veyron, your Lordship

Momonga:I see. Do you perhaps have a younger sister?

Tuare: We were separated when the noble overseeing the domine we grew up in took me away.

Momonga:Sig, did you already know?

Sigurd:As embarrassing as it is, I didn't even consider the possibility.

      Tuare and the others were confused by our conversation, so I clarified for them. As it turns out, Tuare was the older sister of the adventurer I saved previously. I guess luck was on my side since I fulfilled my promise. 

Sigurd:Yeah, I helped your sister before and promised to find you. It seems fate has moved its hand to support us.

Momonga:It looks like it. Since my brother promised to care for you, I will uphold that vow. Sebas, you and Solution will return to Nazarick while the youngest of the Plaids maids shall take your place.

      Having given his orders, my brother teleported to handle his business. I stayed for a few minutes before returning to the castle. As I appeared in my room, a knock was at the door. At the door was a maid.

Maid:Your Highness Princess Renner would like to request your presents for a meeting.

       After hearing the maid's invitation, my mind wandered back to my earlier conversation with Renner. Since the invite came from the site, Princess, I followed the maid. While talking, our conversation shifted to an organization called Eight Fingers.

Renner:If you were the ruler of this country, how would you deal with Eight Fingers?

Sigurd: I would have long had them under my control. After all, the best way to ensure your rule is to control the dark and light.

      After months of studying rulers from the past in my original world, this belief forms within me. A look at history would support me. Every prosperous nation would have a dark underbelly primarily used to distract the population. If the kingdom could control eight fingers, they could use them as a distraction from the people. For example, if the king made a decision that ended poorly, he would only need to "capture" some essential people of Eight Fingers instead.

Renner:I see. Then, would you like to take part in something I am planning?

Sigurd:What can I say except yes when a cute lady invites me?

       She then gave me the rundown to address the Eight Fingers problem. When we finished discussing business, Renner and I spent the rest of our time discussing random things. Until Climb came through the door saying the leader of Bluerose wanted to talk. Taking that as a sign, I took my leave so they could adequately discuss it.

         While they were handling their business, I decided to drop by the palace to see how my new maid was doing. When I appeared in my room, a maid was already waiting for me there.

Sigurd:did Tia have you here incase I return.

Maid:Yes, milord, by order of Lady Tiamat, there is to be a maid waiting for your return at all times.

          I could only smile at how devoted everyone was; still, they could stand to relax occasionally

          I could only smile at how devoted everyone was; still, they could stand to relax occasionally. Nodding my head, I asked the maid where Tia and our recruit were. After finding out they were in the training grounds, I went there immediately.