chapter 8

(Pov random guard)

When her highness said she was going to meet the man that slaughtered 500 beast men my master ordered me to follow. He told me to keep an eye on the situation and see if this man could be turned against the queen. It was a common thing for my master to bride potential allies from the "queen". This time however I was praying my master never meet this man.

As he casually sat on his throne flirting with a woman his body emitted a powerful aura. The feeling he gave me made it hard to breathe. It was like there was a massive beast ready to attack. While I was fighting off my fear the queen said something about a hoard. He looked at her before breaking out into thunderous laughter.

Sigurd:You are right the ladies of my hoard are the best around although I ways welcome new additions.

Queen Crarrhis blushed at his words a sinking feeling entered my heart. Nervous I clinched my fist which didn't go unnoticed by one of the monster's guards. One of the dark elves flashed behind me with a knife to my neck.

Random guard:What are you doing sir Sigure I thought you wished for peaceful talks.

Sigurd:You insult me did you think I wouldn't know why you are here? If everything I have heard about this kingdom is true then you are not really with the queen here.

I trembled at how easily he saw through me. Before I believe he was only a powerful warrior so it would be easy to outsmart him. Unfortunately, there is no medicine for regret only thing to do is adjust.

Random guard:I apologize for your lordship however my master didn't want to miss an opportunity to speak with you. As you already know Crarrhis's power in the kingdom has been constantly declining.

Sigurd:I see in other words your master sent you to see how my talks with the dragon queen.

Hope filled my heart seeing that there was a chance however that was taken from me.

Sigurd(Anger):Did you think I would give a shit about a kingdom that would fall apart at a slight breeze. The only reason I am even talking to you is I heard of the queen's beauty.

Before I could say anything to him a dagger pierced through my throat.

(Pov Sigurd)

I watched the treacherous little shit's filthy blood stain my floor. Noticing my annoyed expression one of the main held her hand up and drew in the blood.

Sigurd:Thank Carmila I was quite annoyed that filth dare dirty my palace.

As I was saying that I made sure to wink at her before turning my attention back to Crarrhis.

Sigurd:Now then my dear dragon queen we can get back to our conversation.

~~~2 hours later~~~

After talking for two hours I sent Crarrhis back to her kingdom to think about our talk. My NCPs all stared at me trying to figure out my thoughts.

Tiamat:Master I'm sorry for my ignorance however I don't understand why you gave her a choice.

Sigurd; Tia, currently Crarrhis is in the very definition of in need of an alley. So it is unlikely she would turn one down that only desires her.

Realize down on them just as a message came from my brother with a genius idea. He was planning on disgusting himself as an adventurer to get more information. The idea was not bad besides it gives me a chance to try out one of my items. Looking down at the ring on my finger I activated its skills.

A black mist floated from the ring forming a person. The mist vanished leaving behind a sliver hair man wearing mage-like armor. At his hip was a solid black long sword.

???:It is good to see you my other self it has been some time

Tiamat:Master who is this?

Sigurd(smiling): Well Tia this is an effect of my item Gemini.

That's right as a reward for becoming a world champion we each got an item made custom by the admins. Mine was the ring of Gemini which let me create another avatar that is my opposite. In other words, I can make a secondary character. The downside is my secondary character can't have any classes in common with my main.

As an example, my character has the grand champion class. Thus the other character can not and the same went for my Racial classes. I ended up with it because I asked them to decide for me. The admin awarded me instantly became excited. He had made it originally as a world item but it got turned down. If you ask me that was stupid on their end. After all, once I started using it players demanded it got nerfed.

Lucky for me the admin prevented that from happening by putting in one feature. That was I can't make the same character twice over and their level becomes separate. Even if I made the secondary when I was level 100 it would be an entirely new character. Sorry I got distracted there so let's get back to business.

Calming myself down I used another one of the ring's skills. Once I did something unexpected happened rather than the pov switch. There was a strange feeling about having two bodies at the same time. To confirm I raised my hand which my other character mirrored. Thinking for a moment I remembered there was a shadow feature in the controls. Again I activated the skill but this time I completely switched over.

I then spent the next hour getting used to having two bodies, which surprisingly was easier than I thought. After getting a little used to it I went to the treasury for some gear.

Tiamat:Master could it be you are planning on leaving again?

Sigurd:That's right but since we don't know when Queen will be back I'm leaving with my secondary character.