Chapter 9

(Pov third)
Walking through the lively city of E-Rantel there was a group of four people. The group consists of two men and two women. One of the men was clad in black full-plate armor and had two massive swords on his back. The other was wearing a robe that has armor on his hands and shoulders. Their female companions wear more simple equipment but that did not high to hide their beauty.

Each of their appearances garnered a different reaction from the crowd. However, every person had one thought in common who was this group of people? Ignoring the common folks' curiosity they walk into an inn famous among adventurers. The innkeeper was a gruff old man with an eyepatch.

???: That's some fancy gear you got there any reason to stay in a place like this?

Ains:I am a firm believer in trying everything at least once.

The innkeeper was probably annoyed because started to up the price. Unfortunately, his petty behavior meant nothing as the warrior handed him the money. Finished they started heading to their rooms. Too bad some idiots decided to get in the way.

Sigurd:Alright my isekai troupe list got something else scratched off. The "idiots thinking with their second heads" troupe to be exact.

The warrior chuckled at his companion's joke before continuing to walk. In the end, he kicked the thug's leg which they used as a chance to engage.

Thug:Ow that hurt body now I need to visit a healer. From the looks of that armor, you could reimburse. Although a night with your friends there would also be fine.

Before the warrior that is Ains could do anything a fist sent the thug flying. Ains looked behind him to see his brother glaring at the thug. He could only shrug as he shifted his attention back to the goon. Just when was about to leave a female voice called out to him.

???:Hey you and your buddy own me for the potion you just destroyed.

Ains:I see then if you are looking for compensation then why not also ask them?

???:Are you kidding me this idiot would be able to pay me back even if they stopped eating and had a lifetime. You guys on the other hand have money to burn.

Ains took a moment to think but rushed to hand a potion thanks to the two ladies' murderous intent. The woman looked at the vial as if hesitating but ended up accepting it. With that little problem out of the way, they headed up to their rooms. Rather than split up they entered the same room to talk.

Ains:(sigh): Man who would have thought signing up as an adventurer could be so eventful?

(Pov Anis)

As I said that my eye landed on my brother's secondary avatar. When he first got Gemini he thought would be fun to ask for everyone's help naming it. I still remember how Paroncino wanted to name him Mr.Bloodfallen but I digress. Back to our current situation that I'm sure my brother noticed.

Ains:We need money

Nabrel: lord Ains I don't understand why not just demand money from that village.

Ains:First off while we are out like this we are Momon, Nabe, Sammy, and freed adventurers.

Freed:Second, it is best not to milk that village dry after what they just went through. Loyalty bred from gratitude is worth the most.

Man thank god my brother was obsessed with learning about different leaders throughout history. Still, I can't help but feel worried about everyone's feelings toward humans. Then again maybe it was just Albedo that looks down on them.

Ains:Nabrel I was wondering about your feelings about humans.

Nabrel:I can only see them as being useful as livestock.

Freya:Personal I can care less about you.

Dude, they straight up have looks of pure disgust. Then again not like I can judge since we made them that way.

Ains:Regardless of how you may feel you must put our mission first.

After saying that I had us head to the guild to take a quest. Once inside we went straight to the mission board to pick one. The problem is no one can read the language. However, my brother came to my rescue. Curious I used a message to ask him how.

Sigurd:You forget my dear brother I am a Monk and one of my skills lets me use my ki to read someone's mind.

Own yeah, I forgot about the tongue of the sun and moon. In the game, it was a skill that let a player learn the primary language of a selected target. It was mostly only useful for certain quests so everyone looked down on it. Quest in hand we brought it to the receptionist.

Receptionist:Are you sure you want this quest it is one level higher than you are.

Ains(message):Dude why the heck would you pick a quest like this?

Freed(message):Because there is no way I will pick a low-level quest and this is my compromise.

Signing I decided to play it off as the classic arrogant that is stronger than their rank. The receptionist looked like she was struggling to answer. A voice came from behind me.

(Pov third)

While the two brothers were trying to get a quest. A certain red-haired adventurer was walking through the streets. She eventually arrived at the building of the best alchemists in E-Rantel.

???:Alright already I am coming don't you know I'm an old lady.

The door opened to reveal an older woman who appeared to be in her 70s. She was clad in an apron and worker's clothes. When Lizzy Ballard saw the woman that just bought a potion from her. Confusion quickly settled on her face.

Lizzy:Didn't you just buy a potion from my store or could there be a problem?

Brita:To be honest there wasn't a problem with your potion it is just that someone gave me one I am not sure about.

Saying that she pulled out the potion the black armored man gave her earlier.