Chapter 16

(Pov Sigurd)
A tension so thick it could be cut has currently the room. Tiamat is reporting a matter no one could dream of joking about. As part of his plan my brother had Shaltear along with Sebas and Solutions investigate rumors about powerful people. Everything was moving smoothly until Shaltear went to attack a bandit group. Although it went pretty easily she somehow ended up being mind controlled.

Sigurd:So you are telling me there is a person out there that can bypass an undead resistance to mind control?

Tiamat:If the reports are to be believed then yes otherwise Shaltear is...

Before Tiamat could finish her sentence I unleashed my Dragon Fear. I of course made sure my dear ladies had protection against it. Tiamat didn't say anything only looking at me lovingly which calmed me down.

Sigurd:I am sorry my temper got the better of me.

Tiamat:it is alright my lord Shaltear is a member of our family your rage is justified.

Sigurd:Regardless for my Tia no none of you should ever have to deal with my anger.

Now that I am calm my mind started to work better. In terms of overcoming resistance, it can only be possible with a super or world-tier item. Although I may wish otherwise we likely are dealing with a world-tier item which is problematic. As it stands the only way to break the hold is by killing Shaltear. Knowing my brother once he finds out he will take it upon himself to do it. Of course, I am not letting that happen since it makes better sense for me to do it.

Sigurd:Tia can you do me a favor and deliver the dragon queen a message? Let her know I am going to take advantage of our deal a little early.

(Pov Tiamat)
I knew that hearing the news regarding Shaltear would upset the master. Of course, I didn't want to hide anything so I steeled my nerves. As I had expected he unleashed his Dragon fear. Luckily he had long gifted every servant in the castle a way to resist. Like I told Clementine the master is a being filled with infinite kindness as well as love. To prove my point once he settled down master immediately apologized when he didn't need to.

His ferocity along with his kindness caused a crisis in my underwear. At that moment it took everything in me to not rip my clothes off. My sisters were no better off but I already educated them. Still, I worry that even with the addition of several other females it won't be enough. I may not want to but perhaps after the Shaltear situation is handled I will speak with Demiurge. However, that will have to wait right now we need to figure out our next move. Soon Lord Ains messaged Master to speak with him.

When he left this time he brought the dark elf twins Bella and Sarah. Although I was a little disappointed I couldn't go my mouth remained shut. After all, we all equally deserve time with Master. Now I am left with only Freya, Semiramis, and a few maids.

Tiamat:Semiramis I believe it is time we start to seduce Master since he can't hold back anymore.

Freya:True poor Master has been fighting his urges for so long.

Semiramis:I agree while a little romance is nice it would be wrong to force him any longer. Therefore I believe we should stop playing around and decided who will go first

It is as Semiramis has said although the Master's happiness should be the top priority our selfishness got in the way. We should have long warmed his bed rather than waiting to see who he will pick first. I could only feel disgusted at my idiotic actions.

Tiamat:Girls I must apologize after all as the oldest I should have let you go first.

Semiramis:It is fine Tia we all got blinded by greed.

(Pov Third)
While his harem was planning his sex life's future Sigurd was talking about Shaltear's case with his brother.

Sigurd:So from that look on your face thing have gotten complicated.

Ains:It's a lot worse than we originally thought it was. I used Wishing Star to brake the hypnosis but it failed meaning it was a World item.

As Ains explained the situation both brothers struggled to control their rage. They mainly focused on countermeasures to deal with possible threats in the future. As it stood they had no choice but to use world items to fight fire with fire. Their talks eventually shifted to handling Shaltear. In the game, they would just kill and resurrect her to remove the negative status effects.

Ains:The problem is we aren't sure if we can resurrect her or if it works.

Sigurd:Regardless we can't leave Shaltear out there under the control of an unknown person. They could be our enemies so we have to take her down.

Ains:Alright then...

Sigurd:I am sure you are about to say I will handle it. After all, I am Nazarick's grand knight it is my job.

The brothers then stared at each other in silence before Ains gave up. It was decided Sigurd will fight Shaltear and Ains will keep an eye on the surroundings. With that done they headed for the treasury to make preparations for the battle.

Ains:Albedo how much do you know about Nazarick's treasury?

Albedo:If I remember correctly it was built as a storage for most of Nazarick's most precious items. Also, the guardian of this floor was created by Lord Ains himself.

As she finished talking Sigurd remembered the NPC his brother created and then hide back then. He had to fight hard against the urge to laugh imagining how this interaction will go. They soon arrived at the door to the treasury. Ains forgot the opening phrase so Sigurd had to say it. Once he said it the door slowly creaked revealing piles of gold. Waiting for them was a face all too familiar to them all.