Chapter 20

(Pov Sigurd)
          After my amazing night with Semiramis, I have made it a more common thing. Every so often when walking through the halls if I see a maid that interests me we would have some fun together. To be honest they even started to seduce me which is awesome. Another thing that has happened is our party darkness ranked up again. I also spread my name as the dragon queen's fiance. So everything has been going smoothly however there is the problem of Shaltear.

            After finding out that she was controlled by an enemy to attack me the poor girl started spiraling. She started spending most of her days drinking although it does nothing to her. When we heard about this my brother and I discussed possible solutions. Now that I think about since I'm free why not visit that cute village girl and Nfrea while I am at it? Due to the fact, I am planning on going to Carne village I switched out my armor. I changed out my sword so rumors won't spread causing my dragon queen any trouble.

            I ended up going with a red suit of full plate armor that has a golden trim. I also brought out one of my favorite longswords Mars. It was a specially designed shortsword and dagger that can combine. It was based on a weapon from an old movie. It was fun when I surprised other players by suddenly pulling out a dagger. Back to my trip to Carne village since I didn't want to get in trouble for leaving I brought Semiramis with me. After all, she is the only one that has gotten to go out with me yet. A few minutes later we were standing under the shadow of Carne's wall. I must admit it is impressive how well it was built.

Semiramis:Master are we here with a task in mind?

Sigurd:Not really I am just here to check on a certain cute village girl.

             As I said that we walked inside the gate where a group of goblins waited with weapons drawn. I looked at each of them raising my hands.

Goblin A:Seriously what's with your monsters and this village?

Sigurd:Relax dear goblin friends we are here to visit and besides I was one of the men that saved this village.

          Right as I said that Lupusregina came walking up probably liking to join the fun. Once she saw me the smile on her face vanished as she got on one knee bowing her head. Semiramis giggled a little bit after seeing Lupus's extreme reaction. I agree with her though Lupus is beyond cute.

Lupusregina:Lord Sig what brings you to Carne village?

Sigurd:I came to visit to see how everyone is doing and besides I started to miss a certain redhead.

          Saying that I used my thumb to gently rub her cheek. Her face turned pink enjoying my touch. Seriously we made these girls way too cute it's to the point I want to lock them up. Which reminds me of something my brother said before. Ever since we have come to this world our personalities have been influenced by our races. For example, as an undead, my brother values life at a lower level. I on the other hand have become more arrogant and greedy.

              While I was thinking about all of that Lupusregina helped clear the suspension around me. Now inside I took a tour to take in how far the people of Carne have progressed. To be honest, seeing them struggle felt like watching an ant clinging to life. Eventually, we came across their training grounds. A group was lined up in front of some targets to practice shooting a bow. Although they weren't the most skillful it was impressive considering they never used one before. My pride as I watched them made me pity them so I also assisted in teaching them.

Jugem:That guy in the armor is pretty good with a bow.

Semiramis:Of course, Lord Sigurd is a master of several weapons only preferring swords most.

              My lesson ended just in time for me to hear Semiramis bragging about me to a goblin. From what I could tell he is the goblins leader. However, I also notice their loyalty to Enri so I left them alone. Enri finally joined us a few minutes after along with Nemu.

Nemu:Lord Sig did you come to visit me?

Sigurd:Why of course a knight has to protect princesses

          Nemu broke out an even bigger smile as I rubbed her head. Suddenly a loud explosion came from one of the houses so we went to look. Running out of the smoke was a tired-looking Nfrea. She had some serious bags under her eyes making me worry about her. The smell coming from the house was pretty bad for everyone. Everyone that is except Semiramis and me. We instead smelled the potent smell of recovery magic. I guess Nfrea and her grandmother made some progress in their research.

Enri:Nfrea are you okay that was a big explosion.

Nfrea:Of course, I have never felt better we made progress

Semiramis:I must admit when I heard about you I thought it was an exaggeration but it appears I was wrong.

           To be honest I was shocked to hear her say that since Semiramis never acknowledge others. She was created to be skilled in both summoning and potion creation. By all means most of my potions were created directly by her for me. So for her to be impressed shows how skilled Nfrea is. I smiled before taking the potion to have a look at it.

Sigurd:Not bad your skills as a potion maker are impressive however there is room for growth.

Nfrea:I'm but who are you?

Semiramis:This is lord Sigurd proud Master of the ruined palace and brother of Ains Ooal Gown. While I am Semiramis his servant and I am an alchemist myself.

           Hearing that Nfrea's eyes lit up as she started to barrage Semiramis with alchemist questions. Seeing I was in the way I went off to the side to play with Nemu.