Chapter 18

(Pov Sigurd)
            After dealing with the pests that tagged along it was time for me to face off against Shaltear. To be honest I was excited at the chance to let loose a little bit. Even that so-called army I faced so too easy for me. This time however I will be fighting Shaltear who was made to defeat me. I watched her standing perfectly still with sadness in my heart.

Sigurd:Well then Shaltear how about we start with a wake-up call?

(Pov third)
                 Ains was sitting in a room watching Sigurd comforting Shaltear with some other guardians. Although it wasn't obvious he felt nervous watching the two facing each other. As he was questioning his decision Sigurd said something and held his hand up to the sky. Almost instantly the sky above was filled with thick black clouds. Each cloud had Crimson light streaking across them.

Sigurd:Crimson Lightning Strike

               Sigurd swung his hand down as a massive bolt of lightning fell directly down on Shaltear. The guardians watching the fight were amazed at the destruction. However, as the dust cleared Shaltear stood in front of him mostly unharmed. She was wearing a blood-red suit of armor with wings in the back.

Shaltear:Now that is rude Lord Sigurd what if I died from that?

Sigurd:I wasn't worried after all how could you be my woman if a little lightning put you down?

              The two combatants stared at each other briefly before vanishing. A Burst of sparks appeared sporadically in the air. There was even occasionally the sound of clashing metal.

Demiurge:As one would expect from Nazarick's grand knight. Still, I didn't know lord Sigurd could use magic.

Ains: Demiurge you are correct as Sigurd can't use offensive magic. However, his Racial classes give him the ability to manipulate elements.

        As Ains explained Sigurd's skill he created three orbs of Crimson flames and threw them at Shaltear. She managed to defend herself by using her blood shield skill. An explosion rang out blasting the two of them apart. Sigurd opened his wings to slow down his momentum. Shaltear's feet on the other hand dragged across the ground. When she finally stopped Sigurd was already delivering a downward slash. Moving to the side Shaltear managed to bearly dodge the attack.

Shaltear: "Acid arrow"

           Holding her hand up Shaltear fired an arrow-shaped Acid. Sigurd blocked the attack with the flat of his greatsword. The sword he used was not the ruined blade. Instead, he used a that was shaped like a giant knife.

Demiurge:Why would lord Sigurd not just use the ruined blade?

Cocytus:If I am remembering correctly that blade is known as Zangetsu. It has a unique ability to absorb any form of elemental attack.

         Ains remained silent as his brother and Shaltear continued to clash at high speeds

         Ains remained silent as his brother and Shaltear continued to clash at high speeds. The fight was something straight out of the movies he used to watch with his brother.

Sigurd: "Grand cross"

        As Sigurd shouted that out he slashed his sword horizontally and vertically. A giant gold cross flew toward Shaltear who dodged barely causing her to lose an arm. Seeing the damage his attack did Sigurd threw out another one. Just like that a full two hours passed as they both continued fighting.

Cocytus:They have been fighting for some time however in terms of damage Lord Sigurd has taken more.

Ains:Of course, he has thanks to Shaltear's weapon that has the dragonslayer feature. Unfortunately, it makes any recovery skill he has become completely useless.

Demiurge:I don't get it Lord Ains why are we calmly watching this we should join Lord Sigurd.

           Right as Demiurge said that a blade appeared on his neck. Behind him oozing killing intent was Belladonna.

Belladonna:No one will interrupt my Lord's fun.

Demiurge:Are you willing to allow one of the only supreme beings to fall?

Ains:That is enough that both you and Demiurge have faith. My brother's title of Nazarick's grand knight isn't for nothing.

             Demiurge sat back down having received his lord's order. Bella sheathed her knife and bowed to Ains. Ains's attention returned to the screen where Sigurd dodged Shaltear's attack and kneed her in the stomach.

Shaltear:It looks like this fight is over Lord Sigurd.

Sigurd:You're right Shaltear I should end things now.

                Hearing his words Shaltear believed it was a bluff. After all, he was far more damaged than she was.

Shaltear:Lord Sigurd there is no need to pretend considering how wounded you are.

Sigurd:Shaltear do you know why I am the most feared member of Ains Ooal Gown? You see I was the first person to solo a world enemy. As a reward, I got a powerful item that made fighting me a fool's errand. Now let me show you the power of my world item "Nemesis".

                    Right as those words left his mouth a black mist leaked from his armor and covered Zangetsu. Slowly the blade began to transform into a Western-styled Cursed looking greatsword. He got into a stance with one foot in front of the other and his sword over his head.

Sigurd: "Provoking stance"

               Shaltear could every something forcing her to attack up front. She resisted for as long as she could before lunging at him. Expecting a counter-attack she cast a defensive spell while running him through. Everyone was shocked he didn't do anything thinking maybe he miscalculated. Ains however was not shocked and even felt excited. Right as everyone prepared to move to help him. Sigurd brought down his sword as he shouted.

 Sigurd brought down his sword as he shouted

Sigurd:Vengeance is mine

                When the sword made contact with Shaltear's body a shocking sight happened. Rather than cutting her instead, it was like she got hit by a hammer and then destroyed by the shockwave. Ains noticed the confusion on everyone's faces well except Bella so he explained what happened. In summary, Sigurd used his world item Nemesis which gives different abilities depending on the weapon used. The attack he used just now Vengeance is Mine takes any damage he receives and doubles it. This is what made him so difficult to fight. The only way to defeat him is by making sure to take him down on the first hit.

Ains:Alright then let us get everything together for Shaltear's resurrection.