chapter 24

(Pov Sigurd)
As I entered the underground brothel with Sebas and the others, my face was the picture of cold and distant. In my hand, glowing excitedly, was the strongest sword I have. Gram was a unique drop from the Golden Dragon's hoard quest. It can only be wielded by someone with a Dragon King job. I hardly use this sword since it is honestly potent. When I got it, everyone complained about its primary skill's unfairness.

Walking in, I activate Gram's Wrath of the Dragon King skill. Instantly, a roar filled the entire building as red auras manifested on my party's bodies. At the same time, an ink-black atmosphere formed on the thugs' bodies. Wrath of the Dragon King has two effects. The first will double my allies' stats, and the second halves my enemies.

Climb:Your Highness, what is going on?

Sigurd:It is because of my sword's skill that double your abilities.

After informing them what was going on, I walked further in. Cutting people down while I walked, completely ignoring the ones that ran, I headed for her scent. Soon, I came across a fat noble beating a poor girl with a sadistic smile. With her blood on his fists, the man turned to face me.

Fat fucker:Who the hell are you.

Sigurd:Now, that is an interesting question. You see, there are a few answers, two of which would make you shit yourself. Then again, letting you know why you are dead is my kindness to all.

His fat body trembled in fear as I transformed my eyes. I struggled to control my rage, afraid I would hurt the poor girl on the bed. Realizing my proper form, he knelt to beg me for mercy. He even offered an absurd amount of money, even women.

Sigurd:Unfortunately, I came here to send a message, so you must die to get my point across.

Before he could say anything else, I cut his head off and caught it. Seeing the girl was still faintly breathing, I gave her a potion. After her face recovered to her former appearance, I kneeled.

Sigurd:Listen, I know you are scared, but you need to be strong. You have two options before you. You can stay here, and I will have the knights take you home. Two, you can walk through the portal and serve me from this day forward.

The girl hesitated for a moment before looking into my eyes. Her eyes, which were previously full of fear, slowly softened. Something interesting I noticed was my natural Dragon's aura can either make people feel safe or terrify them. If her eyes were anything to go by, my theory was correct after agonizing for a while before nodding.

Sigurd:Alright, walk through the portal and hand whoever is on the other side this.

I handed her one of my scales before sending her through the gate. Once it closed, I went back to work dealing with these scumbags.

(Pov ???)
For as long as I can remember, my life has been one crappy moment after another. Everything from the beginning had set me up to fail. I was born to a small family with so much debt my grandkids' grandkids will still pay it off years later. If that wasn't bad enough, the world I grew up in was covered with toxic clouds. The only relief I had was my favorite MMO, Yggdrasil Online. Interestingly, we got a used capsule from one of their old friends.

After my first time playing the game, I got hooked. From that day on, anytime I was not at work, the game was where you would find me. Honestly, it was the best way to relax, but I can't claim to be the best. I even made friends with another who always made me laugh. On the day Yggdrasil was supposed to be shut down, I logged in to hang out with him again. Never in a million years did I imagine being sent to another world.

At first, I thought it would be cool, but then reality bitch slapped me across the face. I did get transferred as my character, but that was the problem. My character, though a level 70, had an annoying weakness. I thought it would be cool to be a fairy, so I worked my butt off to reach the queen level. However, there was a glaring weakness in my race, which is they are weak when it comes to direct battle. When I played with Sig, it didn't matter, but now I'm in a new world on my own. Well, you can guess what happened.

After I got captured, they dragged me to this brothel to work. It is not like it was my first time doing this work, but who knew I would cross paths with a real piece of shit. Still, I guess lady luck is finally on my side. Now, I find myself in a massive chamber, staring at a woman with short blonde hair and a pleasant smile.

???:HI, the knight guy told me to come here.

I am not sure why, but her smile changed into a glare. She was looking at me like I owed her a crap ton of money or something. Just as I regretted my decision, another woman approached us. I first noticed her long silver hair and golden reptilian eyes. Going by her features, the woman is probably some kind of dragon. She seemed to see something as she stood there, not saying anything. I was praying for my survival until I remembered the scale that guy gave me. When I pulled it out, the woman's eyes widened before a beautiful smile appeared.

Tiamat:My apologies for the rudeness of Clementine. She is new. By the way, miss, could you tell me your name

???:Right, my wrong, it slipped my mind. The name is Tita.

Tiamat:Welcome, Tita. My name is Tiamat, and this is the home of the Divine lord Sigurd.

When I heard their lord's name, a specific person popped into my mind. It took my mind a minute to remember the knight from before. Finally, I realized that he was my old friend Sig.