Part 2 : Class?

He sighed in annoyance, what he doesn't like is someone nagging him for something he doesn't want to do

Here, his mother was stubbornly sitting in his office trying to make him agree to go with her.

What can he do? He was already exhausted from the meeting before and now he had no energy left to argue with his mother.

Either it will end with him shouting at her and her being disappointed Or he will accompany her after she starts crying about how he has grown up and has turned deaf to her mother's pleadings.

Running his hand over his hair frustratingly, he heaved a sigh.

But he knew standing outside his Office wasn't going to help him so opening the door, he greeted her.

"Hey!"

Suddenly the border of her saree started to fascinate her. She grabbed her saree and started running a hand over the border clearly ignoring her son's existence.

"Mom? " He rolled his eyes, sitting beside her.

She turned to another side now playing with the strap of her handbag.

Silent treatment it is then.

"Which girl it is? " He raised an eyebrow at her.

It worked.

She turned towards him cheekily. Unlocking her phone, she clicked on a picture and shoved the phone in his face.

"See, such a pretty girl she is. You know she is a software engineer. And she has... " She kept on gushing over his 'supposed' bride. While he passed her a blank look.

He looked at the picture for merely a second and tossed the phone on the couch. Clearly, he was least interested in this.

He smiled at his innocent mother who kept on blabbering about the girl who she knows by the data provided by the matchmaker probably. It was amusing how she was siding with the girl.

"Mom" He placed his hand on hers.

Looking at his small smile, she stopped talking. She was hoping maybe he would like this girl.

"Mom, It's not like I don't want to marry. I want to but I need some more time. Right now I am not sure if I can handle such a responsibility. " He told her softly.

If he knew that him saying a "yes" to the marriage would mean his mother bringing up matches just the next day at his table, he would have told her this earlier. He thought it will take at least a year or two to find him a bride but it was like his mother was already sitting with possible matches and he just needed to say yes.

The hope in her eyes was slowly passing away. Seriousness took its place.

"I understand what you are saying, Rayaan. But I am just asking you to come with me and meet the girl. It's not like I am going to marry you off in a day. Even preparations take time. Why I am in a hurry is that the day you turn 30 all the best possible matches will be married till then. People marry off their daughters at a very young age. " She tried to make him understand her perspective.