Part 8:- Rituals

Her sniffs and hiccups were the only things that could be heard in the silent car

Rayaan sat clueless looking at his wife of 4 hours. How was he supposed to stop her from crying?

"Bhabhi, you know I have a girlfriend" Out of nowhere Aryan blabbered from the passenger seat. His statement received different reactions from all three people present in the car.

Shubham who was driving the car snorted listening to him while Rayaan glared at him with a look that screamed 'Repeat it and look what I do to you'. And Meera's cry lowered down.

Aryan made a funny face, a mix of crying and a sheepish smile. The look on Rayaan's face scared him to death. He signaled Rayaan to look at Meera while sending prayers to God.

Rayaan sighed in relief when Meera's crying seemed to lower down.
The look on his face gave Aryan silent permission to continue whatever the hell he wanted.

"So Bhabhi, will you help me in making our family ready for the alliance? " Aryan questioned excitedly making Meera nod slowly.

She was still sniffing for which Aryan continued the conversation, "Bhabhi, do you think any girl can resist my charm? " Aryan wiggled his eyebrows knowing well his Bhabhi was always going to be in his favour, unlike his Bhai.

"Only hyenas will fall for that shitty charm of yours" Rayaan muttered under his breath and to his surprise Meera heard him. A chuckle escaped her lips making the three heads turn to her.

Automatically, a smile appeared on all three boy's faces. Finally, they were able to make her smile. Her emotional breakdown was not settling well with them but they were helpless. It felt like an achievement when they could hear her happy giggle.

"Tell me Bhabhi? What do you think about my charm" Aryan leaned in towards Meera from the passenger seat unaware of Rayaan's words.

Meera could not stop smiling as her mind wandered around what Rayaan said a second before.

Aryan's heart melted looking at his Bhabhi's Soft smile, "Bhabhi you look so pretty when you smile. Do you have a spare copy of yours? " He asked curiously

Rayaan cleared his throat reminding Aryan to check his words. A sheepish grin was thrown towards Rayaan which he ignored as usual.

Aryan continued his blabbering till they reached the mansion, not even once letting the smile waver from Meera's face. Rayaan was really thankful that Aryan was in the car with them. Sometimes he does good things.

Tired, they reached the mansion. With an intention to sprawl on the bed they entered inside but were stopped at the entrance. The bride was supposed to perform a few post-marriage rituals. Aryan and Shubham groaned trying to change their Aunt's mind, " Bua, let's do this tomorrow. We are... "

"Shut up and stand there" Rasika cut them off in the mid-sentence, asking them to stand aside.

The only thing they could do was follow Rasika's command.

With a soft and welcoming smile, Rasika moved towards Meera to embrace her in her warmth. Her eyes held the shine of love when she caressed Meera's cheeks, "I always desired a daughter and now I have one." She couldn't contain her excitement and squeezed Meera in her arms.

Needless to mention, Meera felt welcomed. Her nervousness seemed to ease out that had been crawling up her mind and giving her a headache.

"Kick this pot lightly so that rice in it falls inside the house. You are a manifestation of Goddess Laxmi. When you kick the pot and rice fall inside you bring prosperity and fortune to the family with your auspicious presence." Rasika smiled sweetly at her after placing the rice pot in front of her legs.

As told, Meera kicked the pot and entered the Mansion.

"Now put your feet in this and leave your footprints as you walk inside. " Rasika guided her lifting the side of the lehenga so that she won't trip.

She put one foot inside the wide plate then another. Everyone's continuous gaze on her was making her conscious. She tried her best to perform the task as perfectly as she could.

When she moved forward keeping her foot on the floor, she almost lost her balance but Rayaan was quick to balance her snaking his arm around her waist.

Meera was sure if not before she would fall down now as her knees felt weak with his arm around her waist. It ran chills inside her whole body. Not to mention the goosebumps that erupted on the back of her neck with his one touch.

She wanted to get away from him because his touch was electrocuting.

"Are you fine? " Rasika asked worried.

Trying her best to ignore the somersaulting sensations of her body, with a slight smile she replied, " Yes! Please Dont worry "

Rasika nodded and walked her inside the Mansion. They decided to perform other rituals the day after since all of them were tired.

"Take rest properly" Rasika urged Rudra's cousins to take her to the room.

"Finally! " Aryan rolled down on the couch exhaling a dramatic sigh.

"I thought my legs won't feel tomorrow. " He faked a cry adding extra emotions to his acting.

"How nice it would have been. Aryan with no legs " Rayaan muttered under his breath going towards his room.

Though he could hear some noises in the background, "Oho! Can't wait to spend time with Bhabhi? Hmmm? "
He could also imagine the wiggling eyebrow of Aryan but did he care?

Absolutely no!

Just as he thought the rituals were over for today and he could finally rest, came another useless ritual. Ishika, Vrinda, and Vinita stood guarding his room from outside. "Bhai, Fees!", extending their palm toward him all three of them demanded money. Looking at their expectant face, he was sure it was useless to dodge the ritual. He didn't even try to argue, proceeding to open his wallet to fetch some cash.

"Bhai!" Aryan shrieked from 10 feet distance. He ran towards them and sat on the floor clutching Rayaan's leg. He completely forgot about this ritual and as soon as Rasika reminded him, he didn't waste a second running to Rayaan's room with lightning speed.

Groaning, Rayaan glared at him, "Get Off ! Aryan" he tried his best to remove his leg from his clutches but failed miserably.

Aryan rubbed his face on Rayaan's Kurta, "You are my lovely brother, Best Brother!". A smile threatened to leave Rayaan's lips. He shook his head and instead of cash took out his card and gave it to Vrinda.

"Buy yourself whatever you like, All of you" He smiled at four beaming faces, with his peripheral view he could also see Shubham kicking in the air.

Shaking his head off at their antics, he entered his room.

"Good luck, Bhai"

"Have the best night of your life"

He shut off the noises by closing the door.

Taking a deep breath, he prepared himself to face Meera. But he instead found her in the most unexpected situation.