Part 35: Truth

Meera slowly opened her eyes, finding herself alone in the room

Meera slowly opened her eyes, finding herself alone in the room. Her suitcase lay in the corner, her belongings scattered haphazardly. The usually organized room looked disrupted, and Meera realized that none of it was a dream. As she tried to recall recent events, she remembered waiting for Rayaan's impending anger.

She waited, waited for the blow she assumed she was going to receive. But in the quiet of the room, the only sounds she heard were the labored rhythm of her own breathing and the heavy exhale of Rayaan.

With the last thread of courage she was holding, she slowly slid her hands down to gaze back at her husband who had red eyes. He was glaring back at her, and a tear or two slid down his eyes.

Her eyelids drooped, and before she could maintain eye contact, the weight of exhaustion overtook her, causing her body to go limp. In an instant, Rayaan reached out to catch her before she could fall to the floor, cradling her gently in his arms.

As she was thinking of him and previous events, He entered through the door. His one hand holding a tray and the other a medicine packet. His eyes went wide as soon as he looked at her.

All the anger and hurt he had felt earlier vanished as he gazed at his wife. He was scared to see her in an unconscious state before. He kept sitting beside her for a long while she refused to wake up from her slumber.

He quickly approached her, but she shifted back, clutching her blanket tightly. Taking the hint, He kept the tray and medicines beside her.

Maintaining a distance he stood beside her bed, "How are you feeling now? Should I call the doctor?" He inquired, but Meera remained silent, her gaze fixed on the balcony door.

"Meera?" He called out again, concerned about her well-being but she remained unresponsive. Rayaan was left bewildered, he sat on the couch watching her carefully. He kept looking at her if she would ask or say something but it was complete silence from her side.

Minutes later he saw her getting up from the mattress, he stood up too but didn't come near her. He knew she didn't want him to touch her.

He saw her going towards her suitcase, his heart beat raised as he saw her trying to pack it up. She tried picking it up and almost slipped. Rayaan was quick to be at her side, "Careful...please be careful Meera" He tried to take the load from her hands but she snatched it away.

"Fine! You want to go to your parent's home? I will take you tomorrow. Rest for now. Please, Meera" He almost pleaded looking at her limping to the wardrobe.

She snapped her head back at him, "You don't have to act as if you care" she said throwing a piece of cloth to the floor.

"I do, Meera"

"You don't, you had got the chance to cheat, you did. You had also got a reason to hit, you were about to, I just fainted otherwise you would have shown me what place I hold in your life " Her tongue was spitting fire while her eyes were flowing a waterfall. Her voice quivered with anguish, and her small form was shivering. She clutched the clothing so tightly it seemed she might tear it apart.