Part 12: Talks

The soft orange hue painted the evening sky with serenity

The soft orange hue painted the evening sky with serenity. Birds soared high observing every intricate detail of the world. The gentle breeze whispered through the trees, creating a harmonious symphony.

Rayan sat on his balcony, enjoying the delightful evening. Meera, on the other hand was on a call with her Mother, asking about her well-being.

The Guests already left a few minutes ago and now the house was free of constant chitter-chatter. Rayaan's parents had gone to see them off, leaving only the two of them and a few house helpers in the house.

The best idea Meera could come up with to avoid him was to call her family. She also wanted to check on them.

Her hands were trembling since she remembered her Mother crying when she was leaving, and she couldn't muster up the courage to call her. She didn't want to hear her cry.

But she also didn't want to increase her worries, she called, and as expected her mother bombarded her with questions before breaking into sobs.

Unable to hold back her tears, Meera began sniffing too. They both shed tears on the call, pouring out their emotions.

Meanwhile, Rayaan silently left to the balcony. He wasn't much attached to his wife but he didn't like seeing her cry that was for sure. He made a mental note to take her to her parent's house the next day to ease her longing.

As he sat in the balcony, absorbing the beauty of the setting sun, he decided to make some coffee for himself. Just as he was about to get up, Meera appeared before him with a tray in her hands, offering him a cup of coffee.

Surprised by her gesture, Rayaan accepted the coffee mug. He couldn't help but ask, "Where's yours?" as he noticed only one cup.

She pointed towards the room and he nodded understanding that she was going to sit alone in the room, "You can sit here if you want to" He shrugged casually, taking a sip.

Of course, he wanted to sit with her but he also didn't want to make it look too obvious.

Meera hesitated for a moment shifting her weight from one leg to another, she looked between the room and balcony and after what seemed like minutes of calculation she went inside the room.

He noticed it all from his peripheral view. Just as he kept his mug down on the coffee table. She emerged again with her Coffee.

A small satisfactory smile found its place on his lips which he covered pretending to take a sip of the coffee.

Again the distance between them was enough to fit another couple.

Their awkwardness was palpable and knowing well she wouldn't speak a word, he decided to break the ice, "So when are you joining the work? "

"Next Month " She replied with a firm tone.

There were three months before joining the office. Two months passed in the wedding and arrangements. And her mother was saying something like it will take at least a year to get her married. It takes a lot of time in finding the groom and then ceremonies and all. But look at her now she is married in less than three months. Everything is done and dusted.

"Oh! Good. Tell me about your Job and Company " Meera couldn't believe her ears. She least expected him to be interested in her career and job. She was kind of sure he will only mock her.
So she started a bit hesitant, but she shared her aspirations and plans, and he offered valuable advice from his own corporate experience, making her feel understood and supported.

Meera was gladly taking notes of his words. His words sounded genuine and she was more than happy to get the desired help.

Time seemed to fly as they engaged in a meaningful conversation. The blue sky had now turned dark, and the area was lit up with lights.

"Thank you!" For the first time, he heard her happy voice directed at him.

It gave him a beautiful bubbly feeling inside his heart.

Looking at her soft smile, he nodded. He too felt a newfound sense of contentment.

She got up taking the empty Cups and tray in her hands and moved into the room while he rubbed his heated-up face with his palm.

He too moved inside the room, reading some documents and replying to some emails.

By dinner time, his parents came back and all of them were having the meal peacefully. The small talks in between were all about the relatives, their antics, and marriage ceremonies.

Rayaan and Meera would occasionally reply to Rasika's questions and then focus back on their food.

Later, as Rayaan lay on the bed watching Meera reply to some texts, he felt a sense of warmth inside him

He closed his eyes trying to fall into the slumber. Just before he was about to doze off. He heard her pleading, " I will leave you before morning, but please don't wake up ". She Cluctched the sleeve of his black -t-shirt from his bicep in her small fists.

In the darkness of the room, a small smile threatened to spread across Rayaan's face.