Part 38: Solace

As soon as the morning rolled in, Meera was back to her nervous self

As soon as the morning rolled in, Meera was back to her nervous self. She was embarrassed by the fact that she accused him. That she let her vulnerable side put in front of him.

She was guilty of both. She didn't know what was he thinking of her. She had never shared anything of her life with anyone. Even Vidushi didn't know about her whole life properly. But she let her walls break so easily in front of him.

She was miserable. She wanted to go somewhere. Somewhere she could have peace of mind. Where she could just be herself. She wanted to feel good. All of it was taking a toll on her. She was not in her right mindset, All she wanted was some space.

She freshened up, trying to collect her broken form. She hastily dressed thinking of leaving the house before anyone could see her.

Grabbing her phone, she twisted the knob of the door but was left startled by the voice, "Meera"

Caught off guard, she turned to find Rayaan, making her freeze.

"Where are you going?" he asked, getting closer.

"I... I..."She was flustered, not sure what to say.

"I am sorry" Her voice almost croaked when Rayaan interrupted her. "I will just come in a few minutes. Let's go together "

He rushed towards the washroom giving her, the charming smile she had missed in the past week.

Meera couldn't shake off the guilt, considering everything she had said and done. But here was Rayaan, treating her like nothing happened.

What was even going on in his head?

She quietly sat on the bed waiting for him, lost in her thoughts. She didn't know how to make up for the wrongdoings she did. Or will he even give her a chance to do so? What if he already has a plan to deal with her?

She felt something click before her face and that's when her eyes landed on her husband who was decked up in a Royal Blue shirt smiling like a prince before her.

"Where are you lost?" he asked, folding his shirt sleeves. Acting like nothing happened the night before. Like she didn't accuse him of anything like she didn't spill her guts.

All of it seemed like a dream.

She shook her head at his question when he looked at her raising his eyebrows.

"Let's go" He stretched out his hand for her and she obliged quickly.

Walking into the dining room hand in hand, they probably gave the older couple and Aryan a big sigh of relief.

Yesterday night they could hear some loud voices from their room. They knew something was off between the couple. They were quite scared and wished it turned out to be just a small couple fight.

And thankfully it did.

Now they walked so lovingly that it was clear everything was settled between them.

They had their breakfast with a little chat here and there, planning for the weekend.

Aryan didn't let out any demands like before. He was mature enough to let Rayaan and Meera have their own time. He too wanted to give them space so he settled with staying out of the conversation.

"Park?" Rayaan whispered in her ear, making the tiny hairs on her neck stand.

She nodded, still unsure what to say.

They finished the breakfast quickly and Rayaan didn't wait a second more to steal her to the park.

Late October brought in quite chilly winds, the sun just making its way up, and birds signaling that morning had arrived. Most folks were wrapping up their morning walk, but there went Rayaan, dragging Meera to the park.

They sat on the bench beside the roses with the sweet fragrance sprinkling around.

There was silence again. But this time Meera was determined to make it up to him. No matter what he decided she was going to apologize for her mistake. She was not going to ruin this beautiful thing between them just because of her assumptions.

"I...I am Sorry, Rayaan" She almost whispered through the gentle wind caressing her face.

He snapped his head at her, and he probably wanted to say again that his wife was beautiful. Most beautiful.

"Say it again" he urged, looking at her with love. Meera thought he was making her say sorry again was sort of her punishment. But she did it anyway, readily accepting her punishment.

"I'm sorry," she said, looking down, fidgeting with her fingers.

"No, Not that. My name. Say my name again, please" His adoring gaze was fixed on her adorable face.

She lifted her head only to find her husband looking at her in awe. He was smiling ear to ear. But nothing on his face said that if he was joking. She looked at him perplexed when he urged her again, "Say it"

" R... Rayaan? " She flicked her eyes between his face and her lap.

He closed his eyes keeping a hand on his chest, "Haaye! " He breathed out.

[Goodness]

"Do you even know how beautiful it sounds from your mouth? I mean your cute little mouth taking my name " He blabbered as he looked at her again.

She couldn't help but blush at his comment. He didn't have to say that, now she was imagining something wild. Too wild for the situation given at hand.

"And you look even more beautiful when you get shy like that" He held her hand in his. Kissing the back of her palm.

Meera could only admire his smile, her body was feeling those little tingles that she gets every time he is near her.

"I am... " She tried to say but he shushed her gently, pulling her closer.

"I have heard it numerous times since last night. You were even repeating your sorry in your sleep. I know you are guilty of accusing me but trust me Meera I forgave you last night only. Even if I keep myself in your shoes, I would never be able to understand how it feels to be in that situation. To see your one parent hurting your other parent. To live in that toxic environment where nothing is valued. I am sorry you had to go through all of it, your mother had to go through all of it. I wish I could change anything. But now I know better why you did what you did. Yes, I was hurt and disappointed. I am a bit still but I think with time it will pass too. Right now, at this moment all I care about is you. I just want you with me happy and joyful. Please stop feeling guilty about it. I am not upset with you anymore"

He pecked her forehead, hiding her between his arms.

He felt his shirt getting wet, "Meera, please. I don't like seeing you cry. It pains my heart, it makes me feel like an incapable husband. Please don't cry" He cooed her showering feathery kisses on her face.

"Even if you don't need it, just know I love you. And if I love you, it means I am never going to cheat on you, I am never going to mistreat you. You're my wife, my love, my queen. All I care about is seeing you happy and content"

Her arms tightened around him, and a moment later, her soft lips touched just above his heart.

The sweet little moment had his heart flutter uncontrollably. Rayaan held her even closer, leaving another loving peck on her forehead